Run lots. Most miles easy. Some fast. (Read 1383 times)

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Combined with this: Eat Food. Not too much. Mostly Plants.And I believe we have the Tao of Trent. Good words to live by.
    Beer comes from plants right?
    Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
    JakeKnight

Beer comes from plants right?
      Why, yes. Yes it does.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dave

He's right grasshopper. But what does "lots' mean? Confused
        More than you're doing now.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

you will put a knee out, if you do that. Roll eyes
          JimR

Just sayin.
            It won't make much of a book.
            JakeKnight

It won't make much of a book.
              All it needs is a catchy title and website. Oh, and a couple hundred more pages. He can use a lot of pictures.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
              -----------------------------

Drink beer. Not Much too much. Mostly microbrewed.
                Fixed.
                Ringmaster

More than you're doing now.
                  There's a formula for this too somewhere in the philosophy. Like 10% more, with a cutback week every third week, but not with a long run that's more than 2x as long as the next longest run in your week, or more than 30% longer than your total weekly mileage. . . I dont' know. Haven't been here long enough to get the formula down. But there's a formula.

Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Heb. 12:1b)
                  Mile by Mile

Why is it sideways?

Go Daddy

Yep. There's a formula. Put on your shoes and get out the door.
                      Sometimes, I go out the door, sit on the porch and then put my shoes on. Is this considered cross training? Should I log these runs separately?
                        Sometimes, I go out the door, sit on the porch and then put my shoes on. Is this considered cross training? Should I log these runs separately?
                        I would log this either as a Galloway walking period combined with barefoot running, or you could call them porch intervals instead. This will require a new color for your log. I suggest pink.

Giant Flaming Dork

I think it was... Run lots of miles Run easy Run a few of them hard (but not too much) http://www.runningahead.com/forums/post/3907229ef43042bcaf101a47b37e56e0#focus

http://xkcd.com/621/

Feeling the growl again

Just sayin.
                            Yet somehow, the marketing machine convinces us we need a library of running books, $130 shoes, and $1000 worth of gadgets to accomplish such a simple strategy.... It really IS that easy. It'll get you 90% of the way there anyways.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills