If you're going to win, run under your own bib. (Read 546 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

xor

I was there.  (actually, I'm still here)

Dude is taking lots of abuse locally and on message boards/facebook for being a cheater and a shithead and all kinds of bad stuff.

Ok, yeah, he shouldn't have done this... but he absolutely was not trying to be sneaky.  He finishes, gets called the winner, and immediately says, "wait, my name is actually something else".  He wasn't trying to hide... it's like he totally didn't know it was important.  That's kind of an interesting thing.  I can't feel a whole lot of negativity toward him aside from 'derrrrrrr'.  He absolutely did run a 2:31 (or whatever his time was).  He will win other races, under his own name.

Meanwhile, the dude that took the win is brother with/to the dude who won the 50k.  And that second dude ran a 3:18 and won the 50k by a lot. Kick ass.

#artbydmcbride

This is exactly why I never run in someone else's bib.  Cool

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

Also why races should allow folks to transfer friends bibs to their name when said friend can't run after all.

Runners run

JimR

No-transfer policies are money grabs.

You'll ruin your knees!

No-transfer policies are money grabs.

..when there is a no-refund policy.  Otherwise, not so much.

Transfers take time to execute and can become an administrative burden and can be the reason results are messed up/delayed...

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

kcam

Hmm ... need to add this to the marathon etiquette thread -

9)  Do not 'win' the marathon unless you are properly registered.