best handhelds and/or belts (Read 841 times)

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

I can see srl's point. Putting the top on the Amphipod correctly in your kitchen is no big deal. Doing it at an aid station in the dark would probably be a bit of a challenge.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

#artbydmcbride

I like the camelbak waist belt, 28 oz.

Runners run

#artbydmcbride

WANG says the Amphipod handhelds leak for her.

Big grin

srl is a he

Runners run

xor

no offense.

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

Big grin

srl is a he

Oops, sorry.

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." -James 1:2-4

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I can see srl's point. Putting the top on the Amphipod correctly in your kitchen is no big deal. Doing it at an aid station in the dark would probably be a bit of a challenge.

Yeah, I've never tried to re-lid them in the dark...and that probably would lead to an entirely different user experience.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

I haven't had any problem with my Amphipod leaking.

The spout on the UD is a bite type. You bite down on it and either squeeze the bottle or suck on the spout. Nice thing is you don't need to use your other hand. Bad thing is sometimes it takes more than one try to get the right flow.

what size UD do you have?

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. and let endurance have its perfect result, so that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing." -James 1:2-4

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

so do you run with any of these amphipod belts/bottles?

I have, but not recently.  I couldn't find my stupid hand-strap for the bottle all Summer...then found it maybe a month ago.  The waist-pack was great when I was marathon training a few summers ago, which required a lot of long runs in BFE without access to public water sources.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Mostly I appeared in this thread to be contra and say "SO THERE".  Lots of people use amphipod stuff just fine.

BTW, there is an (the?) amphipod office 3 blocks from my apartment (side note: around the corner from the SCIENTOLOGY HQ Building for the Pacific Northwest. Hmmm).  I've always wondered if this is amphipod HQ, but have never walked in there to ask.  And their website is low on physical address details.  I'm about to run by there today.  Perhaps I will drop in and tell them that their bottles leak on me.

As for what model of UD bottle I use... what model... hmmm.  Er, I've never considered it as a "model".  I've only encountered one basic kind, ever, for like 10 years.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Pink Bunny

Pink Bunny

Thanks guys. I think the verdict is that the best bottle is the ultimate direction one, I guess either the big or little one, and the best belt is the Amphipod full-tilt one. commencing online low-price search...

Oh, and on-topic: I have two Fuel Belts.  Got the four-bottle Helium in the wrong size, and my LRS wouldn't exchange it (because I filled the bottles with water once).  Got a two-bottle with the Velcro adjustment, and it worked really well for me for long runs in hot weather.  (Not many sources for free drinking around here.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

No, the best is to pull a red wagon with a 10 gallon container of water.

Well, depending exactly on how you are defining best. What exactly are you criteria again?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

No, the best is to pull a red wagon with a 10 gallon container of water.

Well, depending exactly on how you are defining best. What exactly are you criteria again?

Least work: get a trained dog that wears a pack.  Have the dog carry water.

(I've never done this, but it did cross my mind during the hottest parts of the summer.)

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                              Emil Zatopek

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

what size UD do you have?

Both the UD and the Amphipod that I have are 20oz.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.