2020 Marathon Training and relevant COVID 19 discussion echo chamber (Read 700 times)

RP- you are going to pop an aneurysm long before covid gets you. 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

As a reminder, please use the COVID thread for all your COVID conspiracy theories, musings, and bad epidemiology.

Please use this thread to discuss marathon training.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

As a reminder, please use the COVID thread for all your COVID conspiracy theories, musings, and bad epidemiology.

Apologies - it was my post that started the tangent.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

🙏🏻

Apologies - it was my post that started the tangent.

CalBears

that's a BS - I would like to discuss anything with people I am more or less familiar with, not with some strangers coming from nowhere, whose opinions I do not share and whose opinions I actually do not care about...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Running Problem

Problem Child

that's a BS - I would like to discuss anything with people I am more or less familiar with, not with some strangers coming from nowhere, whose opinions I do not share and whose opinions I actually do not care about...

You can. In the COVID 19 thread. Whatever you're unfamiliar with you'll be familiarized with. If you think you understand things they'll be explained to you over there.

This is for marathon training. Anyone training for a marathon? Anyone? What's the next marathon anyone has on their schedule? Mine is Boston 2021 unless I decide to fun run CIM for once which is in California and is about 4 months away.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

CalBears

You can. In the COVID 19 thread. Whatever you're unfamiliar with you'll be familiarized with. If you think you understand things they'll be explained to you over there.

This is for marathon training. Anyone training for a marathon? Anyone? What's the next marathon anyone has on their schedule? Mine is Boston 2021 unless I decide to fun run CIM for once which is in California and is about 4 months away.

There too many unfamiliar stubborn people in that thread who act and respond like they are unrecognized geniuses. I do not like that and do not want to discuss anything with those narcissists....

As I said - there won't be Boston 2021, that means that CIM is completely out of the questions...

There is a half marathon race in Clarksburg that I usually run and it happens on first Sunday of November - they cancelled it few weeks ago already. And it's just few hundreds people race 

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You're a troll at this point. We were discussing covid directly in relation to the Boston MARATHON. You have rabbit ears and need to seriously stop being like this.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

CalBears

You're a troll at this point. We were discussing covid directly in relation to the Boston MARATHON. You have rabbit ears and need to seriously stop being like this.

No JMac - he is not a troll - he just wants to show how important and powerful he is. So, he could decide what people should and should not discuss - and where they should discuss it - and with whom they should discuss it - I wonder if he requests a discussion to happen during a certain time of the day also - that would be cool and would show his super powers - I guess free web sites come with that... Though I paid $10 to support the site and remove the ads. But that's obviously not enough...

CalBears

aaaa....

Marky_Mark_17

Magrawlas is running the Wellington Marathon on August 30 and I'm running the Rotorua Marathon on Sept 26.  At the moment here in New Zealand we've only got cases at the border in managed isolation so hopefully it stays that way.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

dpschumacher

3 months til Masters

I'm still training too.

2023 Goals

Marathon Sub 2:37 (CIM) 2:41:18

10k Sub 35:00 (Victory 10k 34:19)

5k Sub 16:00 (Hot Dash 5k in March (16:48), Brian Kraft in May (16:20), Twilight 5000 in July and August (16:20/16:25 Both heat index 102-103F)

Sub 1:16 Half Marathon  City of Lakes Half Marathon 1:15:47)

Sub 56:30 in 10 mile (Twin Cities 10 mile, Canceled due to weather, 56:35 as a workout)

2024 Goals

Sub 2:37 Marathon

Sub 1:15 Half

Sub 34 10k

Sub 16 5k

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Nah. I've received complaints. And the owner of this website has also asked y'all to leave COVID stuff in the other thread. Folks want to use this thread to focus on Marathon training, not to wade through dangerous pseudoscience.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Nah. I've received complaints. And the owner of this website has also asked y'all to leave COVID stuff in the other thread. Folks want to use this thread to focus on Marathon training, not to wade through dangerous pseudoscience.

I highly doubt anyone has complained about the past day. Also, good moderators deal with the offedners instead of acting like a bad teacher who punishes the class. We're going to talk about COVID in here and how it impacts marathons. It directly impacts ALL of our marathon training. How do you deal with training this fall? You need to discuss whether marathons will go on next year due to COVID.

If you wanna talk real science since you brought that up, maybe you should go talk to the folks over in the Wild Wild West Thread and the glorification of alcohol that's going on in there (and no, there is no known safe amount of alcohol to consume before you even try that ridiculous argument the medical establishment in this country has tried but is finally coming to its senses on). I personally don't care, but you seem to be the moral police hre. But those are your buddies, so I'm sure it's all good.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I never claimed to be a good moderator. But I am the moderator you have. And your idea of a good moderator is just like your opinion, man.

And doubt what you will, but the complaint came today.

Don't like it, feel free to leave and go post to an echo chamber with those people you are "more or less familiar with". Can't follow the rules, we can shut this thread down again.

And about your whataboutism for the WW thread: huh?