100 miles in 2008 (Read 868 times)

obiebyke

Just had to share my pride-- I'm a pretty new runner, and yesterday's run brought me to exactly 101 miles for 2008. A year ago, I wouldn't have thought I'd run that many miles in my LIFE. I've completed C25K, done my first 5K, and am now on OHR. I feel like a real runner now, and that kind of mileage confirms it for me. Go me! Blush

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Finishing the C25K is great stuff, and kicking the cigarettes is the best thing you can for yourself. Keep up the great work!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Way to go! You SHOULD feel proud of yourself! You're definitely a real runner. Your log shows that you're running very consistently and increasing your weekly mileage gradually. Keep doing that, and you'll be surprised at how far you're going a few months from now! Teresa
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Next thing you know you're gonna look at your log and realize you're at 500 miles. Nice work! Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

great job Big grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

The Greatest of All Time

Congratulations! Yes, you're a real runner.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              obiebyke

Thanks guys! BadDawg--It's been over 9 months since I've had even a drag off a cigarette. Sometimes (not smoking, running consistently), extreme stubbornness can be very helpful. Big grin

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Awesome! Keep with it! I used to think running a 5K was crazy.

Vim

Awesome! Keep with it! I used to think running a 5K was crazy.
                    Seriously. You're doing awesome, Obie, congrats!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?