Is it "wrong" to count official split times as PRs? (Read 615 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

"Implied PR" is the correct terminology.

If my actual PRs lived up to the implied PRs, it wouldn't be an issue. There must be places I can get Implied PR medals, I would think.

Now, next question: Is it "wrong" to extrapolate a marathon PR from my 5K time?

Not wrong, just ill-advised.

Dave

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Now, next question: Is it "wrong" to extrapolate a marathon PR from my 5K time?

Oh, that fine.  I've got PRs extrapolated from my best mile time for distances I've never run.  I mean, statistically, they're equivalent, so I'm counting them.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I just checked, and Hicham El Guerrouj's marathon record is 1:37:26. Nice.

Kittyface

Tragic hip

Wow. That went on a lot longer than I remembered.

TWSS

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Hey, I set a marathon PR!  2:51:28!  It hard work.  I took all of my PRs from 25-30 years ago, plotted them as Time vs Distance on log-log axes, did a power fit, and extrapolated out to 26.2 miles.  Whew!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Good work, whatever the hell you did.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Works for me Now I can be a 15:25:20 hundred miler.

YAY,me!

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

beat

Break on through

Welcome to the Post Truth era!

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Welcome to the Post Truth era!

I think we're going with "alternative facts" now.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                      We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes