Saturday/Sunday (Read 736 times)

More easy miles... had to do something quick because people are about to start showing up for Christmas. 2.17 according to the Garmin.
      Ran 10 easy miles yesterday. Probably not running today (I say that, but knowing me I'll be running tonight). Smile

Michelle

0700 29f 21 ez 8:06 pace last few were a struggle... felt yesterday's workout. tough week done, taper time. think i'll start with an 8 hour car drive... Roll eyes

Marathonmanleto

Ran an easy 10 yesterday and 6 w/strides today. Interestingly, ran in shorts today. Got caught in rain, but fun nonetheless.

Another Passion

Day'Orest for me, and quite thankfully so as hard and cold as it is blowing out there today! It went from 47F when we left for church this morning to 32F when we came out of service and is still dropping I think. Wind chill would have to be in the single digits I would think. Glad you felt pretty good today, Ray. Again, I just don't know how you do it!

Rick
            "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
            "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
            runningforcassy.blogspot.com

11 hilly miles for me today in the cold windy rain.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Another Passion

Like I said to Michelle, I am a big wussy not as tough as you girls, Pam! Big grin

Rick
                "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                runningforcassy.blogspot.com

We were supposed to be running together today! You would have had me in tears with that run - all those hills!! Big grin (because you know how much I like running hills)

Michelle

We were supposed to be running together today! You would have had me in tears with that run - all those hills!! Big grin (because you know how much I like running hills)
                    Well why didn't you show up earlier for our run together????? Tongue Due to the weather I've had to take to some of the roads that are by Little Lehigh, which in turn added more hills Confused Hope you"re really loving hills come next Nov Evil grin

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Like I said to Michelle, I am a big wussy not as tough as you girls, Pam! Big grin
                      Thanks Rick, but seing as how you have TWO daughters, I have to believe your super tough!! Gawd knows having just one is about ready to kill me Confused

Glad you felt pretty good today, Ray. Again, I just don't know how you do it!
                        Thank you ... but it really ain't all that. Due to my age, I try to run longer runs but include more rest days. Henceforth, a 24-26 mile long run for me is probably comparable to a 20-22 miler for those of you who run 6-7 days a week.

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

pitrunner

Ugh - today was supposed to be an easy 9 miles for me. I decided my dog and I would try a new route - back roads and kinda rural. Well, around mile 3 we got chased by an off leash dog...after sprinting for about a mile I was zapped! So our pleasant 9 miler turned into a frantic 4 Sad Nothing takes the fun out of running like having jelly fish legs from being frightened! On the brightside, I never knew I was capable of such a long sprint, lol!
                            Sounds like rgreen45 needs to get whacked upsida head for being too self-effacing. Revel in your accomplishments! (note example below) Ran 15 with my son rollerblading alongside me (he's 14)....a soft rain turned to in-our-face driving rain for the last few miles. Mile 2 we stopped to watch a large red-tailed hawk in a tree right by the bike trail...chowing down on a pigeon or other unidentified large prey. WOW! mcsolar -- I did a fast finish....EZ pace for 10 miles, then sub-9:00 pace for the last 5. I so rock! Big grin
                              Sounds like rgreen45 needs to get whacked upsida head for being too self-effacing. Revel in your accomplishments! (note example below) Ran 15 with my son rollerblading alongside me (he's 14)....a soft rain turned to in-our-face driving rain for the last few miles. Mile 2 we stopped to watch a large red-tailed hawk in a tree right by the bike trail...chowing down on a pigeon or other unidentified large prey. WOW! mcsolar -- I did a fast finish....EZ pace for 10 miles, then sub-9:00 pace for the last 5. I so rock! Big grin
                              You are a star in your own movie. Yes, you rock! When I first started running ('94), I had a girl 11 and a boy 8. They would ride their bikes with me while I ran. You need to revel in YOUR accomplishments. Enjoy the moments. Smile

At the end of the day, be happy with where you are and what you've accomplished.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Got a late start (midnight), but got in my 30 min run/22 minute walk for a total of 3.1 miles. One more week before I start upping the amount of time on runs. Big grin

Chris
                                PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k