Is there a sunblock that doesn't burn the eyes? (Read 1276 times)

ilp

Hi folks,

I sweat like a mothertrucker in warm weather, especially on 1hr+ runs. I am fair-skinned and need sunblock. I normally use Neutrogena Ultrasheer dry-touch, but I find that it burns my eyes as the sweat drips and the sunblocks runs into my eyes. I also use a Neutrogena Ultimate Sport Spray on my noggin' to keep the scalp from burning. That sunscreen burns the eyes even worse.

Any suggestions? Or do I need to start wearing a headband?

Feeling the growl again

I use Coppertone Sport 50SPF Broad Spectrum.  I ALWAYS apply on my face and while it may irritate a bit after a long while I've found it to be the best and most days I don't have any issues.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I have yet to find one and it is severely painful and essentially renders me blind when it happens, which is why I ALWAYS wear a wicking hat or buff or other head covering.  I apply Coppertone Sport for Face below my eye level.  Perhaps less profuse sweaters don't have this issue, but I sweat like a horse.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

Does a horse sweat more or less than a female trucker w/ child(ren)?

I just picked up a sample from my dermatologist--Coppertone Sensitive Skin with Zinc Oxide. It says it won't sting eyes....we'll see.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Does a horse sweat more or less than a female trucker w/ child(ren)?

Hmmm...someone should do a study.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I just picked up a sample from my dermatologist--Coppertone Sensitive Skin with Zinc Oxide. It says it won't sting eyes....we'll see.

I don't know how well it will work, though.  Zinc Oxide isn't sweat resistant, so even if it doesn't burn, if is likely to not be very effective as soon as you've done any amount of sweating.  I'd love to use the zinc oxide sunblocks, since the chemicals in sport sunblocks are really nasty stuff, but those chemicals do work well under sweaty conditions.

~ Sarah Kay

Ah, okay. Well, I do like you, anyway, and wear a hat.
                  dennrunner

I use Banana Boat Sport sunscreen stick on my forehead and nose.  Using this product, my sweat doesn't sting my eyes. ymmv.

(I use other lotions and creams below eye level though I sometimes use the stick on my entire face.)

((Yeah, part of my nose is below eye level.  I'm not quite that weird!))

Jill_B

I fly.

No.

But you could wear a hat or run in the dark.

Bring it on.

I recently bought a Halo visor (actually more of a headband) with a water trough at the lower end of the brow to prevent sweat and lotion from getting the opportunity to flow through my eye brows and through my eye lids.

I've run a few runs in the hot sun with it and haven't had any problems yet, but I'll know more on Saturday afternoon.

An option like that might be a decent substitute if there aren't any non-burning sunblocks.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

The Terminator

My regular moisturizer has 30 spf, so I wear that in combination with a billed cap.  It's Olay Complete.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

#artbydmcbride

No sunscreen applied above the eyes, I just wear a hat instead.

Runners run

xor

I just wear this hat at all times.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

No sunscreen applied above the eyes, I just wear a hat instead.

Same here

TRUST THE PROCESS