Where did the training log edit button go? (Read 172 times)

Gman CR

I made a mistake in entering this morning's run.  When I go to the calendar and click on the entry, I can't find the edit button.

Gman CR

Nvm. Found it.

I found it too but I dislike the changes here and prefer the old format. It was easier to view my stats with the old format versus the new format.

lhowell88

I agree with Red Bird....I miss the old format!

One thing I hate about this new format is when I look at the calendar and point my cursor on a given date, no information appears.  While with the old format when I did the same thing I could see my stored information on that date without needing to click on my mouse.  Damn it  bring back the old format now!

Feeling the growl again

Damn it  bring back the old format now!

If you can see ads, you've paid nothing for the service you are receiving.  Even if you have paid to remove the ads, odds are you paid just a few bucks for the entire year.

A lot of what you get out of people is the care, consideration, appreciation, and tone you put in.  Changes that were made were obviously done with the intent to improve service overall.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

runmichigan

One thing I hate about this new format is when I look at the calendar and point my cursor on a given date, no information appears.  While with the old format when I did the same thing I could see my stored information on that date without needing to click on my mouse.  Damn it  bring back the old format now!

I utilized Chrome on a PC and when I hover over a workout link on the calendar I get a summary of the workout.  There is no need to click the mouse on a PC.

Most of us are very happy with the improvements that Eric has made in this site.  A few of the changes do need getting use to them.  Demanding that Eric reverse the changes when he provides the service free of charge is just a bit petty.

eric :)

Hi Red Bird,

I assume you're talking about the monthly calendar page.  It was not touched for this release so I'm not sure why it's not working for you.  Did you leave your cursor on the the workout long enough?  It might take a second or two to load the data.

It took me years to learn that I can't please everyone.  Change can be scary.  I didn't redo the page for the sake of change.  I can't keep everything circa 2005 if RA is to remain relevant.  The old page did not make good use of the page.  There was too much white space.  The fields were slapped together without any thought to presentation.  While you may find it charming, most people think it's outdated and poorly designed.

Give the view workout page some time.  It displays the same information as the old page.  The information is merely rearranged such that related fields are grouped together.  The infrequently used buttons are tucked away in popup menus to reduce clutter.

The old page is gone.  If you find the new one intolerable a month from now, feel free to provide constructive feedback on how to improve it.

eric Smile

Eric I discovered my problem with trying to read my calendar's data without pressing any buttons was that I was using my Internet Explorer instead of my Chrome browser when doing that.  But the reason I was using Internet Explorer is because it's the only browser that allows me to download my data now from my Garmin Forerunner.  Whereas you probably know that Chrome doesn't allow you to download that data anymore.

an amazing likeness

Eric I discovered my problem with trying to read my calendar's data without pressing any buttons was that I was using my Internet Explorer instead of my Chrome browser when doing that.  But the reason I was using Internet Explorer is because it's the only browser that allows me to download my data now from my Garmin Forerunner.  Whereas you probably know that Chrome doesn't allow you to download that data anymore.

That is the major reason for the all these updates!  The first paragraph in Eric's announcement about the updates is clear:

Garmin Connect Integration

RunningAHEAD is now integrated with Garmin Connect.  If you are uploading your workouts to Garmin Connect and this integration is enabled, Garmin Connect will send a copy of the uploaded workouts to RunningAHEAD.  If you prefer to use Chrome, or have Garmin Express installed and couldn't get Garmin Communicator to work, then this would be your only option to import your workouts automatically.

With the coming end-of-life of browser plugins in all the major browsers (Chrome was first) -- GARMIN has end-of-life'd their Garmin Communicator software which sites like RA use to pull data off the Forerunner.

You will soon find that Garmin will require that you remove Garmin Communicator and replace it with Garmin Express. Then you will see the result of Eric's toil -- Garmin Express will pull the data from your Forerunner, load it to Garmin Connect and it will then flow to RA without you doing a thing.

Oh, and the calendar mouseover works fine in IE.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.