1000 Mile Club, anyone? (Read 1472 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Lynn, that milage was for the year, not the month... Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...

How did I miss that thread? Count me in! When do we start?
      I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
      Wingz

Professional Noob

Starting count in Jan '07, running through the end of next year. The thread was to see if there's interest, which there definitely is! I'm trying to find a way to organize the numbers. I think monthly totals will be about all I'm up for keeping up with. If someone wants to organize and do weekly, speak up!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What if we did something like the Mile Posters group? Everyone would be accountable to report their own weekly/monthly/year-to-date mileage. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I believe that when you have a group and you look at the list of members, it displays the weekly distance for each. Maybe we can persuade Eric to add a year to date mileage field as well.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, we could always do a contest, like person with miles closest to 1000 without going over wins a prize... Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

I believe that when you have a group and you look at the list of members, it displays the weekly distance for each. Maybe we can persuade Eric to add a year to date mileage field as well.
                Yes, it does. I thought about using that to pull out weekly milages, but sometimes people start their weeks on different days... (why would anyone start on a day other than Monday??? Roll eyes ) so I pitched that idea. I was thinking it would be nice to have something that looked like this: http://www.theathletesfootrdu.com/1000%20Mile%20Club%20'06%20TAF%20Web%201006.pdf...

How about something more visual like this Big grin It shows where you should be (note the pace bunny), where you are and where you reach your goal. Possibly with numbers as well.
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

RunB, I like that visual one...

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

How about something more visual like this Big grin It shows where you should be (note the pace bunny), where you are and where you reach your goal. Possibly with numbers as well.
                      Ooooh! I like!!! Anybody here know how to reproduce that?

You can build something like this in Excel. However, I can only get the runners run bottom up and not left to right, I'll investigate a bit further. Otherwise, I'll have to program something myself. .. Ronald
                        Wingz

Professional Noob

That would be SUPER!!! I understand how to make a regular bar-graph in Excel, but the moving runners is beyond me!!!

Prophet!

assuming that i survive the marathon and won't be swearing off any running after,I'm also in for 07.
                              Here is what I have so far with Excel. Something is definitely possible. I also asked Eric on the suggestion forum whether he can do something similar on the site with the graphs. This way it will be updated automagically! .. Ronald
                              va

Ahhh, very nice graph! Automagically generating it would be even nicer! Cool