Weatherproof running jacket (Read 187 times)

You are an ass.

Not related to jackets, but there was no 30s weather with constant rain during Boston 2015 - I ran it, so, I know. There was an occasional rain, there was some very strong wind at some parts of the course, it felt pretty cold at the finish because of runners' shirts were wet and it was relatively windy, but the temps were still in the mid 40s...

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

CalBears

You are an ass.

And you are, obviously, a very nice person...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

You are an ass.

The bloody Russians shouldn’t be allowed to post on here!

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

CalBears

The bloody Russians shouldn’t be allowed to post on here!

Yeah, Russians are the worst - always meddling with your elections...

paces PRs - 5K - 5:48  /  10K - 6:05  /  HM - 6:14  /  FM - 6:26 per mile

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

kilkee

runktrun

Back to jackets:

I typically don't like how stifling truly waterproof garments are, BUT check out Irish or UK shops and brands for waterproof jackets.  They are often mandated gear in IRL/UK open mountain races.

Greatoutdoors.ie

Craghoppers, helly hansen, RAB come to mind.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

DoraJSnapp

Spam
                dejaolsone

link spam
                  Purdey

Self anointed title

Salomon Bonatti Pro here.  Recent purchase.  Absolutely love it. Bit pricey though.

avajohn

link spam

Edited: OOPS! I already posted about this!

I saw an excellent rain jacket at Decathlon Sports last week (Emeryville CA). Like this one, but had white-ish translucent fabric.

https://www.decathlon.com/products/mens-running-light-showerproof-jacket-kiprun

If you're not familiar with Decathlon sports, they are like Trader Joe's  REI but for almost all activities. They have in-house designers for products, and sell very few things not things that are not their brand (I saw some Coleman thing in the camping section). I'm impressed with the materials and features, rivaling or exceeding the "high end" products available from "high end" companies, but for half the price or less.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Running Problem

Problem Child

https://www.rei.com/product/166657/the-north-face-venture-2-jacket-mens

original link I posted is no longer available. It's now the New Venture TWO. Unsure what they changed. I'd still buy it. Everything int he description sounds like it's the same as the one I own. Still $100. Still uninsulated.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22