How do you keep your iPod dry? (Read 1869 times)

I look my best blurry!

I ran with an iPod nano 5th generation and iPhone 3 until recently. In the past few weeks I've fried 2 iPod 6th generation nanos and iPhone 4 because of sweat. The person at the Apple store though I should see a doctor. Luckily I have insurance on the nano and they replaced the phone free of charge. I carry the phone in my bra, I've did it with the old phone hundreds of times without problems. The nano I clipped on my waist in a little case and then on my bra the second time. I have an armband but I hate them, especially with the phone. I am considering using Glad Press & Seal. :-/

Prince of Fatness

I leave my iPod home when I run.  Haven't fried one yet using that method.

Saran Wrap maybe?

Not at it at all. 

jeffdonahue

I keep mine in a mesh pocket in the back of my running shorts.  I sweat pretty bad too, but I find that as long as I aim the ipod away from my body it is okay.  For rainy days, I still put it in the pocket, but will put it in a ziploc bag first.

I am considering using Glad Press & Seal. :-/

That's exactly what I do. I Press & Seal it until the earbuds cord is wedged all the way over to the side good and tight, slap a tiny piece of tape around the cord and bag to super-seal it, and it's good to go. (Though I have to add...that's strictly for-sure-rain prep for me. I've never had sweat-damage issues with my MP3...) 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait.  See you doctor?  Why??

Menace to Sobriety

I have the gen 6 Ipod and only use it on the treadmill, but a ziplock bag works fine for me.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

I look my best blurry!

Wait.  See you doctor?  Why??

She probably never worked out hard enough to sweat so she couldn't understand the concept.  

I used run with an iPod. Back then, I'd put it in two baggies. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

"run" "2" "eat"

and, nads, did you carry your ipod in your brassiere?

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

I look my best blurry!

I am just irritated that my old phone/ipod didn't require special measures. What a pain!  I'm going to try the Press & Seal because a plastic bag would be hard to fit in the little pockets and I want to be able to change songs.   I could possibly still use a clip with the P&S.  And I might I want to listen to Trent's suggestion from a few months ago "Hey Ya" a dozen times in a row. True. Blush  I think the touch pad would still word with P&S.  

Potato Head, you're a purist. and I'm addicted to the iPod.  I admit it.  Grrr...  I only use it in one ear so I don't get run over though.  

Maybe I do need and endocrinologist.  (Just kidding Trent.  I'll call you instead.  Haha!)  I'll let you know how it works out.  

I look my best blurry!

and, nads, did you carry your ipod in your brassiere?

??

Feeling the growl again

I'm addicted to the iPod.  I admit it.  Grrr...  

Now we know why you're bouncing 3ft in the air at the starting line, too much Metallica Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Now we know why you're bouncing 3ft in the air at the starting line, too much Metallica Wink

House of Pain.

Dear R2E,

In response to your inquiry, I am afraid the necessary preconditions would have been lacking.

Yours, a'ight!

NaderAlfie

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

Judas Priest is great for 180 bpm cadence Wink

An armband is the only thing that I've found that keeps my iPhone from getting soaked with sweat.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

One more thing: I run with an el-cheapo 40-dollar MP3 player (a 4G Philips GoGear). I've got a swanky, tricked-out, expensive iPod...but there's no way I'd subject it to the conditions I deal with during a typical Georgia summer.