Help me fuel my day (Read 736 times)

Sounds like you eat ridiculously healthy to me. You should stop that. It's bad for you. My suggestion is an obvious one: run in the mornings before class. Yeah, yeah. I know. It's hard getting up at 5. You're not a morning person. You're a college kid, fer Pete's sake; getting up that early is probably unconstitutional for college kids. But I bet if you tried it for two weeks, your running would be infinitely better, you'd feel healthier throughout the day, you'd have more energy, and your body would more readily self-regulate what it wants to eat. I could never do your schedule, workout in the evenings, and still eat right. It's the morning run that sets the whole day for me. 6:30 is frickin' sleeping in.
    It's not the waking up that's hard. It's the fact that I live in Orlando and just a mile from where a runner was killed a few months ago. So I have to run either in broad daylight on busy roads, or on UCF's campus (also in daylight), or at the gym. Obviously I can take my current late-night gym outings and place them in the morning. But when I get done with the gym at night, I can just go home, shower and go to bed. I'd have to really plan ahead to do all this before school. It's certainly do-able, however. I am a morning runner at heart. Especially living in Florida. In the summers, you can't run past 8am. That alone is pushing it. You can't bank on the evenings either, because chances are likely, it's going to storm. Anyway, this past week I changed some things up a bit. Instead of the easy mac, I had soup. No caffeine at all (and no difference at all). I've decided to run a half marathon and train for that. (I'm really excited!) I'm really really really trying to work it out to where only Thursdays are late night gym excursions. For at least the next few weeks, my Tuesdays and Wednesdays have a nice little break in the middle of the day that I can use to go run. I think a big part of my problem is that, while I don't snack during the day, I get home at night and am starving, and thus, snack. sushigirl, Thank you for all the wonderful tips. Lots of ideas. And your college had hibachi?!

"To achieve great things, two things are needed; a plan, and not quite enough time." -- Leonard Bernstein

Michael Phelps, 8000 to 12000 calories per day and your worried about low fat type stuff, I eat tons of rice because I have a rice steamer and it can be made in 20 minutes with some olive oil and some tuna. I am getting a pasta fasta so I can make spaghetti in the microwave. Granted it, its a bunch of carbs, but I like carbs and I get the nutrition from the tomato paste or tuna. I also like eggs because they are cheap and easy along with bagels. I just started buying some Powerbars for snacks before workouts instead of Gu because its more calories. Its a simple no worry diet and I have always fueled this car, at night Vitamin C before I go to bed with a multivitamin and havn't been sick in over 2.5 years.
      Ganges Lim

It also helps to break up ur meals over the day to small meals 6 to 8 times a day also give urself an incentive for stickin to or as a reward at an end goal I give myself 1/5 of a mars bar for every kilo that I shed when i was at my weight-lost period prior to training season. I live in the Tropics so it rains and is always 30 degrees Celsius at most times of the day (even if it is raining) so I got myself an indoor exercise bike to watch tv with =) good to burn fat if that is ur aim