Adidas adizero Boston 6 (Read 81 times)

Just bought a pair of Adidas adizero Boston 6 shoes at a discount through mail. Glad I took advice to buy 1/2 size up....fits perfectly. Has anyone ran a half in these? Any opinions?

Bert-o

I lost my rama

These have been my regular training and racing shoe (pavement) for a few years now.  I started with the 5's, then the 6's.  Lost count how many pairs I've gone through.  Shoe models can be pretty fickle to the individual, but if they work for you, I think they're a great choice for the Half.  I've run 4 full marathons as well as a 50K (trail/pavement mix) in them.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Seattle prattle

i run fairly regularly in the Boston 5 and picked up a Boston 6 about a month ago so i have a fresh shoe for the upcoming race, the (wait for it)..... Boston Marathon.

I haven't run outdoors yet in the 6 but it does feel a little bit more pliable in the sole than the 5. Of the two, i prefer the stiffer feel of the 5.

Both shoes, i find that i need to swap out the insole and use a little more cushiony insole in it, esp. for longer distances.

I've run full marathon in the Boston 5. They are an excellent running shoe, probably my current favorite. I wish they made a low drop version as well, since i like the lower drop shoes for my shorter runs.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

i run fairly regularly in the Boston 5 and picked up a Boston 6 about a month ago so i have a fresh shoe for the upcoming race, the (wait for it)..... Boston Marathon.

I haven't run outdoors yet in the 6 but it does feel a little bit more pliable in the sole than the 5. Of the two, i prefer the stiffer feel of the 5.

Both shoes, i find that i need to swap out the insole and use a little more cushiony insole in it, esp. for longer distances.

I've run full marathon in the Boston 5. They are an excellent running shoe, probably my current favorite. I wish they made a low drop version as well, since i like the lower drop shoes for my shorter runs.

...and that's great!

I forgot to mention the insoles.  I use Superfeet greens in all of mine.  They're pretty stiff, but it's what I found works to keep PF in check.

3/17 - NYC Half

I was feeling a discomfort in my right arch just walking around until I swapped the sole with a more cushioned Hoka  sole I had. I think I will be ready to try a run in them in a few days. I like the fact this is a light shoe with some boost made for road running. Going into training (not for the Boston Marathon) but the OKC Memorial Half Marathon!

I ran a neighborhood run (5K long) in them and thought this is the Perfect Shoe. Super light and a Bounce/Boost in the heel to propel you forward... the 10 MM drop causes my foot to land perfect with hardly no impact. This is a smooth running shoe. And with the continental rubber it could hold up a while. I started out with PureFlows switched to Hoka now I am back to the lightweight Adidas adizero Boston 6. I really can see how the design of this shoe could actually minimize impact by it's design. I have been a neutral mid foot runner and this shoe seem perfect. Plan to run some further runs and will run a 5K in a few weeks , a 10K next month and a 1/2 marathon. Sort of want to test the shoe out before committing to run the 1/2 in them. So far so good!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

RunningZee - Glad to hear they're working out for you and it's good to experiment with insoles to find the right setup.  I really like the continental rubber as well.  I don't think any other shoe I've tried feel as "gripped" in wet conditions.  I've run plenty of miles on trails in them too.  Good luck in training for your Half!

3/17 - NYC Half

Thanks! Ran 20 miles in the shoes and love em!  About how many miles do these Boston shoes last?

Seattle prattle

Thanks! Ran 20 miles in the shoes and love em!  About how many miles do these Boston shoes last?

i've heard it said on another messageboard, users claiming to commonly get 500 miles on them. I haven't used mine nearly that many yet but have no reason to doubt it.

Thanks. Only shoes I ran further than 500 miles were 2 pairs of GTS 11 Adrenalines that I put 600-700 miles on about 5-6 years ago. Most miles on current active shoes are 2 pairs of Hokas with about 350 miles on each and I am not crazy about running in them. It amazes me how smooth these Boston's run and actually feel great (pain free at that). I may end up sticking with them and buying another pair. I wonder if they'll come out with the Boston 7 version?

Seattle prattle

A poster on another running messageboard says he was told by an Adidas rep that they are going to release the Boston Boost 7 around mid-May.

I agree with you on your positive assessment of the 6, though i am running on a boston 5. I ran a tempo on them tonight, and they don't let you down. The continental rubber is supposed to be very long lasting and grip well in the wet. But again, for these old feet, i find i need to swap out the insoles for some others with more cushioning.

Funny, about high mileage shoes, the most i've gotten out of a pair is the Brooks Glycerin 12s and i got 474 miles on them. I have a pair of 14s now and they are going strong going on 400 miles. Those heavy trainers are built like tanks, and can take a lot of wear.

And like i said, i did buy another pair of the Boston Boost 6s just because i want a fresh pair for the april marathon. I bet you can find them marked down a little now that a new model is coming out.

Bert-o

I lost my rama

And like i said, i did buy another pair of the Boston Boost 6s just because i want a fresh pair for the april marathon. I bet you can find them marked down a little now that a new model is coming out.

Yes, snatch up the cheap ones during that transition period!

And I agree, about 500 miles of life.  But you can squeeze some more miles out.  I ran 3 hours of mix pavement/off-road in these puppies because I didn't want to dirty up the new pair. 

3/17 - NYC Half

Well that will make it easy to know when I need a new pair! My shoes always wear out on my left outside heel area too. I went ahead and bought another pair of Boston 6's online for 52 bucks. The ones I bought a few weeks back for 79 bucks were size 12 (normally I wear 11.5). I felt that the ideal size would have been 12.5 due to the fit. Since these shoes I just ordered for 52 bucks were size 13 I figured they'll work for the price.

Seattle prattle

Well that will make it easy to know when I need a new pair! My shoes always wear out on my left outside heel area too. I went ahead and bought another pair of Boston 6's online for 52 bucks. The ones I bought a few weeks back for 79 bucks were size 12 (normally I wear 11.5). I felt that the ideal size would have been 12.5 due to the fit. Since these shoes I just ordered for 52 bucks were size 13 I figured they'll work for the price.

Where are you finding them for $52?

sent you a message/email