Set point weight crap (for Teresafdp) (Read 1269 times)

...And I do.

I am built almost exactly like Tamilee Webb, so she was essentially mocking my build to. my. face. She makes little snide comments like this ALL the time. She weighs less than I do and is 4.5" taller than I am...and she whines that she is "fat," even though she is at the ideal weight for her height and build and has almost 30 years on me. Roll eyes
    I hate people like that! Always "complaining" about how fat they are when they are clearly in their ideal range or even underweight. Women like that have a need for attention. Pathetic way to get it especially at other's espense. I think you rock! Big grin Just think what the world would be like for women if we were each other's biggest cheerleaders!
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I hate people like that! Always "complaining" about how fat they are when they are clearly in their ideal range or even underweight. Women like that have a need for attention. Pathetic way to get it especially at other's espense. I think you rock! Big grin
      Aww...thanks, Shell! I console myself with the fact that at least I have big boobies to help distract from my big legs and booty... Wink

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

...And I do.

Aww...thanks, Shell! I console myself with the fact that at least I have big boobies to help distract from my big legs and booty... Wink
        The very best revenge!

Oh Mighty Wing

ShanHas: I agree that there might be a weight that our body is comfortable at but I don't agree it's ever a weight where we carry excess fat. When I was a runner 10 years ago, I was about 145lbs (or maybe less actually, can't remember). I was never a waif. I was strong enough to piggyback my 210 lbs husband. Now that I'm 200lbs, I'm not as strong (but getting there) and I'm much slower. I worked back up to being able to run for 4 or 5 miles and enjoy it. It's a long way back.
          I never meant to insinuate that being over weight made the body happy!! I agree that excess weight is never a good thing, BUT that doesn't mean we all need to be skin and bones either! I guess some of this is my annoyance with women who don't think they should have any fluff at all! Or who are always striving for a lower weight even once they are in the end range of their healthy weight! I think it's great to lose excess weight I think it's bad to be obsessed with every little bit of fat on your body... People like zoomy's MIL are the people I get annoyed with! I commend you on your undertaking and I hope you reach your goal!! And zoomy - you are beautiful!! forget your MIL - you could run circles around her!!
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And zoomy - you are beautiful!! forget your MIL - you could run circles around her!!
            Thanks...but unfortunately I couldn't run circles around her--it wasn't all that many years back that she was placing in her AG in pretty much every race she ran (granted, I think she stuck to 5 and 10 ks, so I could still take her in anything much longer than a 15k, most likely) and her mile pace was minutes faster than mine. Blush Damn lithe and runnerly types... Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

finney

Resident pinniped

Damn lithe and runnerly types... Tongue
              There's no such thing as that either. I used to run with a lady who was about 5' 10", maybe 130# soaking wet, who looked like she could kick anyone's ass at any distance without breaking a sweat. She ran ~30 MPW and had been at it for around 6 years. I had only been running for about a year, at my 5' 4" 120#, and I was faster than her. Considerably. Even though I wasn't "fast" either. Also, I've gained weight since I started running regularly. Before I wasn't fit at all, and was both weak and underweight. Now I've adopted healthy eating habits and put on some muscle mass and have gained about 18#. But, keep in mind I'm one pants size smaller now than before I started running. I went to the doctor's not too long ago, I hadn't been to that doctor in a while, and the nurse weighed me and said "I see we (who the hell is "we" anyway, I hate it when people do that) have put on a LOT of weight, you know, we really need to watch that!!" in this motherly, tongue clucking, condescending, saccharine sweet tone. Nevermind the fact that she was so fat she could barely use her arms adequately. Guh, how frustrating!
              starfish1000

She took one look at the cover and said "eww, I don't want to look like her...her legs are HUGE." Now, mind you...my MIL is a 5'8" ectormorph...she couldn't get "heavy" legs like that if she did squats 24/7 and gained 50#s. I am built almost exactly like Tamilee Webb, so she was essentially mocking my build to. my. face. She makes little snide comments like this ALL the time. She weighs less than I do and is 4.5" taller than I am...and she whines that she is "fat," even though she is at the ideal weight for her height and build and has almost 30 years on me. Bummer about your MIL Zoom. Mine has made a few comments in the past about how thin she was in her teens and 20's. (example: there was still plenty of space between her thighs when she stood with her feet together...) I just smile and ignore it. Muscle looks better on everybody when the alternative is bony looking skin. Yuck! If I ever have to look as "fat" as Tamilee - I'll have the biggest smile on my face! Smile Cheers to you!
                zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Bummer about your MIL Zoom. Mine has made a few comments in the past about how thin she was in her teens and 20's. (example: there was still plenty of space between her thighs when she stood with her feet together...) I just smile and ignore it. Muscle looks better on everybody when the alternative is bony looking skin. Yuck! If I ever have to look as "fat" as Tamilee - I'll have the biggest smile on my face! Smile
                  Definitely! More muscle means better bone density, generally. I'd like to be a healthy old woman with no posture or broken bone issues. Smile Oh, but the thigh thing cracks me up. I just mentioned in my Body Glide thread that even at my thinnest adult weight and during puberty when I was into sports and tiny my thighs still touched. It's just how I'm built. Narrow hips with proportionately large thighs...the only way I could probably get them to stop touching would be to lose so much weight that I'm unhealthily thin--no thanks. I'll stick to Body Glide and compression shorts for my "chub rub." Wink

~ Sarah Kay

starfish1000

3 cheers for bodyglide!!!! I never leave home without it! Big grin