The 100 dollar question: Sports Bras (Read 1748 times)

runrockclimb

So I'm sure this topic has been covered before, but I don't want to do digging, and who knows whats changed since the last time this topic was posted.

So here goes, I'm somewhere between a B and C cup, I've worn 34 C's comfortably (depending on the bra) and 36 B's. I have been searching for a great all around sports bra, but keep coming up short. My favorite bra seems to have disappeared, I don't think Nike makes it anymore. 

I want to know what other ladies like... something that is not super heavy, with good bounce control, and none of the ridiculous seaming that seems to be so fashionable right now.

Here is a list of what I've tried and the pros and cons of each

Brooks Infinity Bra, nice and cool, pretty comfy, but barely any bounce control, I kept it because of how cool it was, but the bounce was bad enough I won't run in it, its been moved to my climbing bra collection

Brooks Epiphany Bra, not a bad one, but not a good one. I'll wear it until it wears out, but I wouldn't buy it again

Asics Abby Bra, comfy, soft, pretty decent bounce control, it might be a smidge big, but it still works pretty well, however it holds on to sweat like no other, it gets pretty soggy on long runs

Asics ARD Bra, bought a small because I thought it might help with bounce control, so it feels a little restricting around the ribcage, some bounce control. Straps dig in quite a bit. Hard to get on and off because there is not a lot of stretch, but a medium would have been too big

Moving Comfort Vixen bra, I was excited about this one, but its failed me too. Good bounce control, not bad with wicking, but the huge seams on the top of the straps rub really bad where my traps meet my neck. Its super uncomfortable and I'm reluctant to try any other moving comfort bras for this reason. I can't run more than a few miles in this one.

I think that is it, at least in recent history.

Any ideas?

I like cw-x. They have different levels of support so you might have to research a little to figure out which one to buy. I require a little more... uhm... support than you do so I can't recommend an exact model.

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't get the Moving Comfort love...at all.  $$ and I've never found one I liked.  The one that actually fit the best and supported well (Juno, I think) gave me raw spots on my back, since they use that sort of melted edge finishing and it had pointy, sharp corners on the underside of the tab with the hook & eye closures.  Can't return it after wearing it, either, so that was $40 down the drain.

I've had good luck with Champion.  This one is my favorite.  It doesn't wick as well as I would like, but I've tried so many that don't fit or support well and wicking isn't my #1 criteria.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The Power-Back is also good and wicks better than the other one I wear.  It's kind of a PITA to get on and off, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I have the predecessor to this one: http://shop.lululemon.com/products/clothes-accessories/women-sports-bras/Ta-Ta-Tamer-II-31110?cc=4787&skuId=3464965&catId=women-sports-bras

It's not perfect but it's the closest I've come to a decent running bra in years. The predecessor ones I have (hilariously called, "Tame Your Ta-Tas!") definitely don't wick as much as I need them to and I do get a bit of rubbing at my ribcage on my long runs, but I also managed to get mine on sale for $30-50 (which, where I live, is PENNIES for a sports bra...and these look quite pretty too! My favourite is my Aqua-colored one!).

They don't have many online at the moment, so I'm thinking they might be gearing up for fall?

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I have used Moving Comfort Maia and like it. Tried a few other MC bras and didn't find one I liked. I also like the Enell, but it is so hefty it is like wearing an extra shirt - but nothing moves at all and it can be quite worth it. I have never found a bra that had no friction issues after a fair amount of sweat, so can't speak to that. I also need extra super support.

TRUST THE PROCESS

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

To my own surprise, I'm really liking my UnderArmour one (the line that is colour coded by cup size.) It was pricier than my last sports bras, but it's comfortable, supports well and when I'm sweaty post run, it's not impossible to get off (racer back plus hooks). 

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

#artbydmcbride

Champion double-dry seamless.

Runners run

I really like my PureLime FrictionFree bra.  (In fact, I have the model for the Polar Wearlink+ bleutooth HRM)

Very comfortable, smooth tissue, good bounce control (at least for my A-cup...), nice soft and wide straps. good wicking...

I'm rather pleased with the service of 'Kies de juiste sportbh.nl' (Lit: 'choose the right sports-bra').  It's a company run by one woman, and on her site she has a questionary.  You can send het the questionary, and she gives you a real personal advice. Even her advice on sizing is spot on.

(She started her business because she got frustrated while searching for a good sportsbra...)

Running in Belgium
                    Ann

runrockclimb

To my own surprise, I'm really liking my UnderArmour one (the line that is colour coded by cup size.) It was pricier than my last sports bras, but it's comfortable, supports well and when I'm sweaty post run, it's not impossible to get off (racer back plus hooks). 

Do you find that the eye hooks rub, that was my big concern with the Underarmour bra...?

http://coco-designs.com/    bra-kette is good.

So is the short top from graciesgearandtraining.com     

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Do you find that the eye hooks rub, that was my big concern with the Underarmour bra...?

Nope, I've been running in UA since spring (all outside) and I haven't had an issues with rubbing.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Loves the outdoors

I'm a D, so I need all the support I can get!  I've found these brilliant and I haven't had any issues with rubbing from them. It's not pretty, but it's very functional. Possibly not available over your way though.

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

nzrun, those are the ones I was going to buy until I came across the Lululemon Tame Your Ta-Tas (still laugh at that name!)...so good to know they're good.

The Berlei also look promising: http://www.zodee.com.au/intimates/bras/sports-bras

runrockclimb

Thanks for all the feedback its really helpful. This would be so much easier if there was a place locally to try out a wide range of bras.