Ladies hair care (Read 790 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I always wear a wicking ballcap. To protect my eyes from the sun, wick sweat, and keep my scalp from sunburning.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I always wear a wicking ballcap. To protect my eyes from the sun, wick sweat, and keep my scalp from sunburning.
      Me too! But, the bill is not long enough. I would kill to find a long billed wicking cap. If I run too late in the day, I am force to wear my baby bonnett (which does not wick ) Yuck! But it protects my whole face from the sun. http://www.e4hats.com/_e/Pony_Tail_Peak_Cap/product/pp003su-white/Ponytail_Peak_Caps_White.htm

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Me too! But, the bill is not long enough. I would kill to find a long billed wicking cap. If I run too late in the day, I am force to wear my baby bonnett (which does not wick ) Yuck! But it protects my whole face from the sun. http://www.e4hats.com/_e/Pony_Tail_Peak_Cap/product/pp003su-white/Ponytail_Peak_Caps_White.htm
        Does the wind grab that when you run into particularly strong winds? That's my biggest beef with ballcaps.

~ Sarah Kay

finney

Resident pinniped

So what do you ladies with shorter hair do with it WHILE your running? I've had short hair and now I'm growing it out so i can put it in a pony tail when I run. I'm tired of always wearing ball caps. I'm a daily washer too.
          Well, mine is super short...boy cut short in the back, about 3" long on top and sides, longer in the front...my bangs, if I pull them straight down, are about to the middle of the bridge of my nose. So that's really the only part that bugs me while running....gets sweaty, gets in my eyes, etc. I just wear a headband and pull them back, or wear a baseball cap, but I find hats to be too hot and icky after a while on some runs.
            Does the wind grab that when you run into particularly strong winds? That's my biggest beef with ballcaps.
            It's adjustable, so you can fit it pretty snug. I have not had a problem with it "grabbin" I think since it sits lower and sort of covers the top of your ears. Man, it's funny, if I was young I probably want to run without sunglasses so I wouldn't get a tan line on my face. If I could go back in time....... I might not be spending a fortune trying to save this 40 year old face!!!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wear sunglasses to avoid cataracts--I wear my raccoon eyes as a badge of pride. Wink

~ Sarah Kay

I wear sunglasses to avoid cataracts--I wear my raccoon eyes as a badge of pride. Wink
                Cataracts! God I never even thought of that!! Great....another thing to worry about.. Smile

- Anya

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

I'm the epitome of lazy, I think! I do wash my hair nearly every day because it is short, but considering some "dry shampoo" so I can cut down on that. My hair is short, so I don't even blow dry it. I call that both lazy but good for the environment! Smile Anyway, I run before work (before dawn), so I throw a ball cap on and go for it. If I didn't have a ball cap I'd be running with Bart Simpson crazy hair! MTA - I also sleep in my running gear so I can literally roll out of bed and go.

TRUST THE PROCESS

skinnycaponesugar

I have long hair that I wash after each run. I don't run everyday, so it suits me at the moment. My hair is thick, dry and a bit wiry, so too much washing is a no-no, it makes my hair brittle. I do remember as a teenager that the more I washed my hair, the oily it was at the root and drier at the ends. I wear a baseball cap threading my ponytail through the hole between the cap and the adjustment bit. It also keeps the sweat off my eyes, so I wash them often. I like that baby bonnet, it's really cute. Smile

Love, Run, Sleep

TRIing to beat the heat!

I have thick, wavy/curly shoulder length hair. I usually wash every other day (on swimming days). I live in South FL so I do get seriously sweaty when I run, but I just deal with it if it's a non-wash day. I've asked hubby if my head smells weird on non-wash days, but he always says 'no'. I use a pretty strongly scented shampoo/conditioner, so that may be why. Because my hair tends towards the dry size, I could never wash every day... especially since I subject it to chlorine 2-3x per week. During run, I always wear a ponytail. I low ponytail if I'm wearing a mesh ballcap; a high ponytail if I'm wearing a visor.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

i wash mine everyday, often twice a day. when i was IM training it would more often than not be three times a day! i really can't imagine not washing it after a run. i've finally given up and grown my hair longer so i can put it in a ponytail to run. there's no point even trying to run with a cap here. most days the wind is 15mph+ and its often over 25mph. no cap is going to stay put in that (i've got running specific adjustable ones and all i end up doing is spending the whole run diving after it or running with it in my hand and my hair all over my face!)
                          I have a lot of hair that is naturally curly and dry. I run about 5 days a week, and I do my best to only wash my hair on days that I run, otherwise it will get too dry. I sweat like crazy even if it is 10 below, so it is rare that I can get away with not washing it on a day I run (though it has been known to happen). When it was super short (1 1/2 inches long, tops) I washed it every day, the longer it gets, the more I try to get away with not washing.