Permission to run again! (Read 466 times)

Now that was a bath...

My physio said today that I can run as soon as I get my new shoes. So I immediately jumped in my car and went to Shoe Science and we did the running assessment in different shoes. I have my new shoes! Got a pair of Brooks Glycerin 5 and my running looked good with them on. Still a slight pronation on my right foot but I go back to the podiatrist after 8 weeks running to see if I still need any orthotics. I am stoked. I have to go to a Childcare course in a second so I don't know if I will get the opportunity to run tonight but I am so excited to get the green light. Strict rules though. Only 1km for my first run. Then a day off, 1.5km, a day off, 2 km, a day off, 5 km, a day off and if there is no pain I can stay running at that distance or steadily increase until I get to where I want to go. NO HILLS!!! Not even a small one. I'll check in after my first run which will be sometime in the next 12 hours. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Now that was a bath...

I went for my run! Couldn't wait so I went for a short run down on the grass track. Please pray to the god of running that my injury doesn't flare back up. It was a very short run. Mighty oak's grow from tiny seeds I hope Evil grin Claire xxx
    • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
    • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
        Please pray to the god of running that my injury doesn't flare back up. Claire xxx
        Of course it WON'T come back. You have to believe it very, very strong and everything will be fine. From our end, we'll be keeping our fingers crossed, that will help too. Smile Welcome back to the running world, Claire. Ewa
        I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
          Hooray!

Finished!

Congrats Claire Smile Here's to running without injury!
            Walk + Jog = wog.
            I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
            I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry