Getting out there in the weather (Read 892 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

I have to admit that I bailed on a run the other day because it looked like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDBL6wQy3l0&feature=related

Ex runner

Once you take that first step, you're good.

I always bail before I get out from under the covers.

Well at least someone here is making relevance to the subject. - S.J.

I bailed on this morning's run in the rain only because of a bloody nipple after 2.5 miles. Damn body glide did nothing. 

Feeling the growl again

Once you take that first step, you're good.

I always bail before I get out from under the covers.

+1.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

No bad weather. Just bad clothes.

ilp

I bailed on this morning's run in the rain only because of a bloody nipple after 2.5 miles. Damn body glide did nothing. 

THis is why I wear compression shirts (or really fitted/tight) now for any 3+ mile runs, enough bloody nipples for me.

ilp

No bad weather. Just bad clothes.

+1.

Also, removing decision making wherever possible is helpful. Resolve so you have no choice. Ran 2:08 this morning and a big helper was a friend waiting for me at the start. Didn't want to let him down! It was and is raining and 38F.

Re. Bloody nipples. I agree that tight compression shirts work well. I have also found that a big gob of Vaseline is quite effective. It tends to stain however. I have a rotation of running shirts that all have suspicious looking stains around the chest. ( band aids don't work for me.)

Queen of 3rd Place

Awww, poor babies, bloody nips. Roll eyes Try wearing a freakin' bra when you run and see just how many places you can chafe! 

Ex runner

old woman w/hobby

Awww, poor babies, bloody nips. Roll eyes Try wearing a freakin' bra when you run and see just how many places you can chafe! 

Smile

steph  

"Just stop fucking drinking too much and being fat.  Pretty simple.  Who the hell cares if you like beer.  

We can't always do the things we like all the time."  --Candice

Maggie & Molly

exactly what I was thinking. Joking

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Why not lose the bra? I run commando with no ill effects.