Best quality least expensive running watch? (Read 285 times)

RichardR

Gizmo,

First question:

Are you using a smart watch as it is?

If so, I believe can use any app, like Apple's fitness app, and sync that to your phone and it will go to Garmin Connect directly.  No need for a new watch.

Gizmo2019

No RichardR,

i do not have a Smart watch which is why I’ve been researching for months on the differences or similarities between the 2. I’m super old fashion. Non tech savvy. I’m one of those who feel like if I have no dying need for it, I’m not dropping $500 for it. So I’m very behind the times. On the other hand, my brother tries to convince me to buy new tech every 3-4 mos and reminds me what year it is now...this is my OLDER brother.

i ended up buying a soleus turbo. It has the vibration and interval features. I’ll let you guys know what I think after many test runs.

thanks to all!! Super helpful

SMART Approach

I will be curious of your feedback on the Turbo. IMHO, the Garmin 25 is head and shoulders better for an extra $30-$40.......around $100 on EBAY. The one thing going for you is that this is your first GPS watch so you won't know what your missing and the Turbo will likely give you what you need and work adequately......that is if you can figure it out.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Gizmo2019

I know    I was debating between the Garmin and soleus. It was the interval feature and vibration alert that swayed me. I’ll let you guys know...🤷🏻‍♀️ And hopefully, yes, I can figure it out!

runner4life15

I’m thinking of getting the garmin forerunner from the SamsClub sale Saturday (tomorrow).

It will be $99 marked down from $140 I believe. The sale will also be available online at samsclub.com

Agreed. I'm a fan of Garmin for sure. That said, there are also cheaper off brand options out there that you always give a shot... free returns if you find one on Amazon ; )

runner4life15

I’m thinking of getting the garmin forerunner from the SamsClub sale Saturday (tomorrow).

It will be $99 marked down from $140 I believe. The sale will also be available online at samsclub.com

Agreed. I'm a fan of Garmin for sure. That said, there are also cheaper off brand options out there that you always give a shot... free returns if you find one on Amazon ; )

sisyphus2004

I bought a Garmin Forerunner for my son when it first came out and the same model for my niece this Christmas.  I paid $100 for it on Amazon.  It's always been a reliable solution.

robin from maine

I bought a Garmin Forerunner for my son when it first came out and the same model for my niece this Christmas.  I paid $100 for it on Amazon.  It's always been a reliable solution.

I bought a Garmin 210 4 1/2 years ago. I can't replace the band as it is a rubbery material molded to the watch and has completely shredded, so I run with the thing in my pocket. The battery may or may not last for a ten mile run, even when fully charged. I tried buying a replacement on e-bay and it fried itself after I ran in (what I consider) a light rain.

I can't afford to replace it at the moment, but I'm not sure I'd get another Garmin.

UstedButler

Hello, welcome to the forum. I am not quite sure about your question.

Gizmo2019

Hi everyone, i wanted to give you an update so far. Holy Moly the amount i had to learn just to read the instructions, i felt like a 99 year old hard of hearing woman trying to understand Eminem rapping. It took me a few days to understand what each function was for (ex: why do i need speed AND pace? whats the timer vs chronograph?). I do not wear watches and have gotten by in life asking people the time or finding a public clock until phones came out.

So far the soleus works good for me, but thats all i know. I figured out how to turn on the GPS, set my view lines, it auto pauses and auto laps (did not know what these were at first). LOVE the vibration feature bc i will have music on and would be focusing on that, i watched for accuracy on speed and distance, using my phone and car's odometer to compare and it's pretty close.

no problems so far except that i had no idea what any of the words/features meant or what it was used for. Ill be testing it out soon.

thanks for all your help ! ill be back with an update if necessary.

AlexKutler

hmmm