Mo Farah (Read 164 times)

HuntsBennett

HuntsBennett(UK)

Just watched Mo Farah run a commanding 5000m. Awesome lesson in how to stamp your authority on a race

A double double champion.

Congrats to him and to Alberto Salazar who surely is one of distance running's true greats.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

His 10,000 was sick too.  The speed over that last 200 was incredible.  His habit of barring and chattering his teeth down the final stretch, combined with his semi-skeletal runner's frame, really cracks me up though.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Feeling the growl again

His 10,000 was sick too.  The speed over that last 200 was incredible.  

I don't know what his competition is thinking.  He beats them with a blistering kick, race after race.  The Kenyans used to be famous for working as a team; you think they'd learn they will never beat him off a slow pace and take it out hard one of these times.   Given the early pace, the outcome was predictable.  It would have been a lot more interesting if they kept it under 13 pace.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Why is it sideways?

Mo is the fittest runner in the race and has the most closing speed. His opponents can think all they want but they won't beat him until one of those things changes.

His races feel like they are just replays. He hangs out in the pack.. then takes the lead near the bell.. and wins. Every race the same. Hes even looking over his shoulder half the time.

He beats them with a blistering kick, race after race.

And we run because we like it
            Through the broad bright land

Feeling the growl again

His races feel like they are just replays. He hangs out in the pack.. then takes the lead near the bell.. and wins. Every race the same. Hes even looking over his shoulder half the time.

That's because all of the times in these championship races have been like 30sec slower than his ability.  He's what, the 4th fastest 1500m runner ever now?  He's good enough at 5K/10K to begin with, but there were people in the race who have run faster over those distances than him...they would stand a better chance making it an honest race for him.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Dibaba's win was similar - a blistering kick, right?

But her situation is perhaps different - it is not so clear that she is beating faster runners, as she is pretty fast, both recently and in lifetime bests.

So, how does that difference reflect how much we admire their respective victories?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.