Track Workout in Greenville NC (Read 66 times)

I'll be traveling to Greenville NC for business in the near future. I'm wondering if any one knows of a track on which I could get my morning workouts done?

ECU is near my hotel, do they have a publicly accessible track?

Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

I think the ECU track is off limits to the public but I may be wrong. It looks beautiful. I've used 2 local school tracks. Rose High? on W Arlington between Evans and Hooker, and another track on Carmellia Ln off of Red Banks. But it was weekends or summer. Not sure of weekday access.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

runmichigan

Are you planning to do an interval workout or something similar that requires a track?  If not, why not check with the concierge at your hotel to see if they have any running routes mapped out for guests (many Westins and other hotels do).  You can also use a service like MapMyRun to see what they have available.  Alternatively you can just strike out on your own and explore the area while running for a certain amount of time.

As a follow up, I found this article - which names two high school tracks in the area. I'll give one of those a try. I've got an interval workout scheduled while I'm traveling.

Biking Bad

finnegan begin again

There is a nice little shady paved greenway that runs along the Tar River that's about 3.5 miles long. From the Elm Park (it might be named Green Springs Park) at 2600 E 5th into the town commons.

"... the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value..."  Thomas Paine Dec 23, 1776 The Crisis 

Adversity is the first path to truth. Lord Byron

"No one plans to fail…..they fail to plan" Skinny Pete

runmichigan

The current greenway begins at the Greenville Town Common and winds its way through the university neighborhood along the Tar River before turning towards Green Springs Park where it becomes the Green Mill Run Greenway and meanders along the creek through Elm Street Park to College Hill on the East Carolina University campus.

Green Mill Run Greenway