Which tendon do you personally hate the most. (Read 146 times)

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Stemming from a discussion.  Note: the IT Band is fascia, not a tendon.  Ditto for the plantar fascia.

Other votes:

quad tendon - 1 vote

supraspinatus tendon - 1 vote

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Finally a thread I can relate to...

I voted high-hammy (which nagged me for 2 yrs a while back), but I had surgery on my quad tendon, which wasn't even listed!!!

AceHarris

we've gotta get quad tendon on the list

Road Mile: 5:19 (2017), 5k: 17:09 (2021), 10k: 35:54 (2021), HM: 1:21:55 (2020), M: 2:53:18 (2021)

I voted high-hammy 

Same. It’s the one that’s given me the most trouble over the last couple years.

And more importantly, is it tendinitis or tendonitis? I think the latter is technically correct (the best kind of correct), but the former is acceptable. And then there’s tendinosis and tendinopathy. 

Dave

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I voted high hamstring also.  Because if you screw up that one, even your cross training options are limited.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Same. It’s the one that’s given me the most trouble over the last couple years.

And more importantly, is it tendinitis or tendonitis? I think the latter is technically correct (the best kind of correct), but the former is acceptable. And then there’s tendinosis and tendinopathy. 

Tendonitis/tendinitis is like meter/metre or gray/grey or capital/capitol IMHO.

Tendonitis/tendinitis - tendon is inflamed, irritated, can heal.  Tendinosis - little inflammation; body has given up on the tendon.

Half Crazy K 2.0

No choice for other? Supraspinatus (shoulder). That sucker was impinged and it hurt like hell.

Tendonitis/tendinitis is like meter/metre or gray/grey or capital/capitol IMHO.

Well the first two examples are US English vs UK English; in the third case the words have different meanings. I think tendinitis is the official medical term; enough people spell it tendonitis because   it comes from tendon, that the dictionary eventually said “OK we give up, it’s fine.” Which is how English works. 

Dave

darkwave

Mother of Cats

No choice for other? Supraspinatus (shoulder). That sucker was impinged and it hurt like hell.

I forgot to add other.  My bad.

I will manually track one vote for supraspinatus tendon.

Tendonitis/tendinitis - tendon is inflamed, irritated, can heal.  Tendinosis - little inflammation; body has given up on the tendon.

Dave

Running Problem

Problem Child

Pretty much only had problems with one.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

JMac11

RIP Milkman

How does one hurt a quad tendon running?

My vote was PTT, that thing nags me almost 2 years after I injured it. And that's the 2nd time I've injured it.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

How does one hurt a quad tendon running?

Good question, and I'm not sure how it happened...  but I I had a lump of scar tissue the size of an apricot resected.

SMART Approach

High Hamstring tendinopathy for me. I battled it for 10 years (bilateral) up until 2018. Never thought it would go away. In 35 years of running I really had no other  tendon issues for any length of time.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

bhearn

I wanted to vote for three of those. I’ve torn two, had surgery for the other.