The strangest race I've ever run: TCS World 10 K race Bangalore (Read 759 times)

Man in Tights

Here are the official results of my performance in the race last Sunday. 

I really blew this one in the middle section. (My best for a 10 K is 44:08)

But  I ran the last 2 KM in a time of 7:51 min. Which means 3:30 per km or over 17 KMPH. I can't believe it.

171 out of over at least 10000 runners is not bad given the hot and humid conditions.

Name NARASIMHAN S
    Gender MALE
    Category U50
    Overall Rank 171
    Category Rank 16
    Gender Rank 169
    Split@4 Km 00:18:02 at an Avg Speed of 13.31 Kmph
    Split@5 Km 00:25:17 at an Avg Speed of 11.87 Kmph
    Split@7 Km 00:35:12 at an Avg Speed of 11.93 Kmph
    Split@8 Km 00:40:51 at an Avg Speed of 11.75 Kmph
    Net Time 00:47:53 at an Avg Speed of 12.53 Kmph

Nice race.

Could it be the markers were not accurate? Going from ~12 KMPH (about 8 min/mile pace?) to 17 KMPH (5:36 min/mile pace) is kind of unusual unless you were  really taking it easy the first 8 K.

7:51 for 2km is just a little faster than 4:00 min/km, definitely not quite as fast as 3:30 min/km. 

Although from your split log it shows a 7:02...

If you actually ran a 7:02 you would know it though, that's MASSIVELY faster than roughly 5 min/km you were doing prior. That or last 2km were down a heck of a steep hill.

My best guess  is that the splits just weren't accurate.

They say golf is like life, but don't believe them. Golf is more complicated than that. "If I am still standing at the end of the race, hit me with a Board and knock me down, because that means I didn't run hard enough" If a lot of people gripped a knife and fork the way they do a golf club, they'd starve to death. "Don't fear moving slowly forward...fear standing still."

Man in Tights

these splits are as per the Timing Chip. Its was the same for the elite runners. I also double checked with my watch. I was at 40 + when crossed the 8K. I was thinking about the how lousy my race was turning out to be and imagining clocking a time even slower than my practice runs. 

Strange splits indeed. What happened during 4K to 5K (7:15 min)? You must have passed half the field during the last 2K!

Kalsarikännit

Narsi, pardon me derailing this a bit, but I was kind of wondering about the racing over there.  What percentage of the field is female, and what are they (the non-elite runners) wearing?  Are the legs covered or are they racing in shorts?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

WG - look at the placing ratio as well. Only 2 females finished in front of him (169/171). Seems a little low for that size of race.

Man in Tights

Narsi, pardon me derailing this a bit, but I was kind of wondering about the racing over there.  What percentage of the field is female, and what are they (the non-elite runners) wearing?  Are the legs covered or are they racing in shorts?

Indian women love running nudeWink