A wall (Read 1201 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yowza.

I just climbed up a 45' wall.  That is some intense stuff.  Anybody here climb?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yowza.

I just climbed up a 45' wall.  That is some intense stuff.  Anybody here climb?

You gonna get some forearms to match the calves?

I've never done any sort of climbing...deathly afraid of heights and have no upper-body strength (though I know climbing would help with the latter).

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Ben Running

(though I know climbing would help with the latter).

and a ladder may help with the climbing

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Much of it relies on leg strength.  And I am deathly afraid of heights too.  The dude spotting me told me that it is a "healthy respect for heights".
            Yeh, I used to climb a lot with my brother. Definitely uses the legs more than the arms. Last year I remember when I was down at Ft. Knox we had to do climb on a wall in freakin combat boots, but they were all impressed cuz I beat the guys up. Hah! lol. I miss climbing...unfortunately my brother lost most of his gear in an accident out in california when he got stuck on a rock in the middle of a thunderstorm at night. Dumbass.
              Much of it relies on leg strength.  And I am deathly afraid of heights too.  The dude spotting me told me that it is a "healthy respect for heights".

The few times I've gone my forearms (wrists) got very tired much before my legs did. After a few minutes, I felt like I had "arnold wrists" - but they certainly didn't look like it.

I recently started doing some climbing as cross-training.  We have a new climbing gym that just opened up, but I much prefer to be outside at the local boulder field.   It may use legs, but I tend to feel it in my forearms and lower abs the next day.   

Actually, after work today we're doing a trail running/bouldering combo workout Smile

JimR

I may have The Wall on 45

or maybe 33 1/3

Giant Flaming Dork

...deathly afraid of heights ...

<obvious> I'm not afraid of heights.  It's the bone shattering stop at the bottom that I'm afraid of... </obvious>

http://xkcd.com/621/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The fact that we are usually born with a fear of heights tells me that I'm not supposed to get myself into predicaments where I could go plunging to my death. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Jill_B

I fly.

I'm terrified of heights, but nevertheless, I've been climbing a bunch of times (indoor and outdoor), but I gave it up when I had kids.

Bring it on.

AnneCA

Zoom, I've heard a theory that women have better climbing technique *because* they have proportionally less upper body strength, and therefore rely more on lower body.  Which is what you're supposed to do, as was said.  But too many guys, apparently, default to trying to muscle it through with upper body strength, and they have to unlearn that to get better at climbing.

Not a climber myself, but am married to a big wall guy, and the mother of a 6-year old climbing phenom.  Or at least I think she is.  Course, if I had her strength-to-weight ratio, I'd be a climbing phenom too.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The fact that we are usually born with a fear of heights tells me that I'm not supposed to get myself into predicaments where I could go plunging to my death. Tongue

Meh.  Every been on a plane?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Meh.  Every been on a plane?

Yeah, I am not fond of flying.  Not just for the heights, but for the ear issues...and then I always seem to catch whatever virus is floating around on planes.  Spent the last half of our honeymoon sicker than a dog with a bad fever and chills.

Give me a road or train trip, any day.

~ Sarah Kay

Menace to Sobriety

I may have The Wall on 45

or maybe 33 1/3

All in all........

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.