Rock-n-Roll Marathon June 1st, 2008 San Diego (Read 815 times)

carnivirus

I'm in! I'm turning the big 5 OH! on May 29 and planning for a fast marathon to celebrate (punish myself?). I chose Rock and Roll because it's right after my Bday and my DD lives in Carlbad with her mother. This will be my 12th marathon, but my first hard effort marathon in more than 10 years Roll eyes I'm using a modified Pfitz training plan, and I've already got a 17 mile LR and fast HM in, with a few more test races and LRs to go. Just topped 50 last week, and hope to peak somewhere around 70 mpw sometime in May. Good luck to everyone with your training! Hopefully I can catch you down there. Steve

My Hero

Seriously thinking of bagging this one... No I'm just so behind in my mileage... Had 3 weeks in the 20's and was able to hit 31 this week, but it's a long way from the mid 40's where I wanted to be at this point in the cycle. So... Pretty sure it looks like it's going to be the Portland (OR) marathon Oct. 1st. instead. I guess the good news is the extra 10 minutes (BQ) I'll have by falling into a new age category. Smile