2009 Hangover Classic 10 miler (to run or not to run...) (Read 556 times)

Skooter 3.0

So I'm thinking about doing this one... Jan. 1, 2009 http://headfirstperformance.com/Hangover/info.htm pros: -I could use a good race about then -It comes with a long sleeve t-shirt and I was about to get a new one anyways, cost is about the same as the race... -It's at 10 am so not too early... cons: -it's the day after New Years -I will definitely be hungover -it's the day after New Years your thoughts?

Goals?

My legs are killing me

Wake up, crack open a Bud, eat a bagel and HTFU. Run the race.
      celiacChris

3Days4Cure

So I'm thinking about doing this one... Jan. 1, 2009 http://headfirstperformance.com/Hangover/info.htm pros: -I could use a good race about then -It comes with a long sleeve t-shirt and I was about to get a new one anyways, cost is about the same as the race... -It's at 10 am so not too early... cons: -it's the day after New Years -I will definitely be hungover -it's the day after New Years your thoughts?
        Gotta love the "hangover" race. There's a similar 5k near me. I'd run it-- no better way to start a year than with 10 miles in the log and a long sleeve tee shirt.

Chris
        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k

Skooter 3.0

You just planned the first day of my year...Wink

Goals?

My legs are killing me

You da man!
            Roses Revenge

I've been told that how you start the year will determine how the year goes and I've been out doing some miles on New Years Day for the last couple years. I do the same thing on my birthday for the same reason. I probably won't do a race on NYD but am signed up for a Half Marathon on my birthday later in January.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Man, New Years day races are the best -- Smile Big grin Wink Tongue Clowning around I'm running the "Freezer Five in Sterling, Massachusetts" on New Years day at 11:00 AM...........you never know what the weather will be - but you can usually count on cold....last year it started snowing (HARD) during the run.....about 5 years ago it was so warm we were all wearing shorts. A few years ago there was so much snow and ice that most people ended up loosing 2 or 3 minutes per mile (winner averaged right at 7 MPM that day - average time was somewhere around 9:30 per mile - people were even falling)......but you always get a nice jump on all the people that sleep in. And its also great when you tell your friends and people you work with that you went and ran a race on NYD......it will blow their minds....its worth it just for that...... And a long sleeved T - --- now your talking bonus points...... Do the run........its a very special crowd of runners that go out on New Years Day...but a a very good crowd...you'll be very glad you did........ It wouldnt be surprised if it wasnt the best race of the year for you (at least in terms of fun)...

Champions are made when no one is watching

Hate it when I get the ole double post.....

Champions are made when no one is watching

Jazz hands!

Agreed.
                    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

Bugs

In trying to kick my coffee habit I accidently switched to beer. It was not a runner friendly drink. You better start drinking before your LRs now, practice makes perfect.

Bugs

Prince of Fatness

You have to do it; running is the cure for a hangover. Most everyone else there will be half in the wrapper too so you won't be alone with your pain.

Not at it at all.