3 years later... (Read 1007 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I started my running journey 3 years ago on the first day of Spring. I had only one goal...to be able to complete a 5k race and run 10-15 miles/week for general fitness on a regular basis. Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined that I would still be doing this (and for more than just my health)...and have a marathon and a slew of shorter races on the books, much less be training for a second marathon and eyeballing a third. Thanks, Eric. I know I would not be writing this had I not discovered the RA log and subsequently the fantastic support of fellow runners. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Imminent Catastrophe

yeah but...did you ever finish that 5k?

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

yeah but...did you ever finish that 5k?
        Yeah...and now I hate 5ks. Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

wooo hooo!!! go Zoom!!
          Purdey

Self anointed title

If I remember correctly your first runs were about 2 to 2 1/2 miles Kirsten? And they used to hurt. Last week - 17 mile long run - no dramas. 3 years is a long time - but you have come a long way. Well done pal.

xor

Now your goal is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their men. That is good! That is good! You are also an expert in New Balance random numbers.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Now your goal is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their men. That is good! That is good! You are also an expert in New Balance random numbers.
                Ha!!! Evil grin Yeah, funny that I'm good with random #s when I stink at Math. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

pitrunner

Kirsten, you rule! You are seriously such an inspiration. And you're totally going to rock your next marathon!

Imminent Catastrophe

Now your goal is to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their men.
                    Hmmm, that sounds kind of like the Tupelo Marathon slogan. Kind of.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

xor

Ah, so Tupelo might be in Cimmeria then?

Fool

CongRats! It has been motivational reading some of your posts as you were working up to your first marathon. Keep enjoying the miles for years to come!
                        C-R

3 down and 50+ to go. Wink Well done Zoom!

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

3 down and 50+ to go. Wink Well done Zoom!
                            I hope at least 50 more...uh, wait....that would have me running after 86. I guess it could happen, hey, I could probably WIN my AG by then! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I hope at least 50 more...uh, wait....that would have me running after 86. I guess it could happen, hey, I could probably WIN my AG by then! Big grin
                              That is when "the race goes not to the swift" but to those who show up! Evil grin

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That is when "the race goes not to the swift" but to those who show up! Evil grin
                                Hey, I'm not too proud to cherry pick. Why do you think I'm doing that 15k in a week. Last year I took 3/7. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay