Shoe Suggestions? (Read 1004 times)

Outside Lane

I am flat-footed - have gone through a couple pairs of Saucony Omni Grid 5. Mild overpronator. Stability control. Looking to get a new pair of shoes soon... Any suggestions?

See how they run...

Old, Slow, Happy

All I can tell you is that I have severely flat feet. I've been running in Brooks Beasts for 2 years. So far they're the best, longest lasting shoes I have worn. THey are always comfortable even when they're new.
        In the Asics line, those qualities point you toward the Kayano - an awesome shoe.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If you liked those, why not try the Saucony Progrid Guides? I had a pair and liked them, but the heel tabs came up to high and curved in a bit much...ate up my achilles on one foot. Other than that a very nice shoe. Something similar, but a bit lower profile would be the NB 903. The NB fit is pretty similar to Saucony...narrow heels, wider forefoot.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Scout7

Ones that fit.

Outside Lane

Thanks for all the ideas!

See how they run...

I am flat-footed - have gone through a couple pairs of Saucony Omni Grid 5. Mild overpronator. Stability control. Looking to get a new pair of shoes soon... I have a similar problem and wear NB 1223 (recently replaced by the 1224) and think they are the best shoes I have ever found....they are a stability shoe made for over pronators....they feel great and my mileage went up almost immediately after I bought them........ they are a little expensive at $99 to $125 but really good shoes. Two other options that I will be checking out today are Asics 2130 and NB 992 -- Im checking them out because they cost less ---- which will make Mrs John A happy....

Champions are made when no one is watching

The young Mama Bear!

I wear Kayanos now, and I'm a heavier runner - I'm going to give my shoes a beating. So far, they're fine, and I recommend them to a mild overpronator. Unfortch, I do not fit that mold. Try them out. I also tried on the GT2130 (felt really hard, like there was no cushioning), and the Progrid Hurricane 10s that felt like clouds. Maybe I should have chose the Sauconys...
                  Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
                  Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                  johnnfrankfort

i had the brooks adrenaline... Confused ten i put the saucon hurricanes on Big grin.. my feet love them and me now. they are very omfortable. especially for a clysdale like myself.
                    goals: complete c25k 2 miles in 15 min
                      I also wore the Brooks Adrenalines 6, 7, and 8, but had problems with the 8s. Now I'm in the Saucony Hurricane 10s - no more problems. They are slightly heavier than the Adrens, but have better cushioning and arch support. Male 5'11", 179 lbs, mild OP'er 40-50 mpw.
                      Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

My feet are flat as pancakes. I love my Kayanos, but have been alternating them with 2130s. Recently went to get a pair of 2130s because it was in my price range, but when I tried on the Kayanos (which I only did because it was in my favorite color), it was no contest. I don't regret the extra $$ on the Kayanos at all.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Worn Kayanos - feel like pillows - but a bit heavy for me. I wear the Mizuno Wave Inspire 4's. On my second pair of 4's. Have one pair of 3's near retirement. My older pair of 4's has almost 600 miles and are still holding up well. Cheapest for flat feet I've found - oh yeah, I've got no arch at all Smile

Menace to Sobriety

I also wore the Brooks Adrenalines 6, 7, and 8, but had problems with the 8s. Now I'm in the Saucony Hurricane 10s - no more problems. They are slightly heavier than the Adrens, but have better cushioning and arch support. Male 5'11", 179 lbs, mild OP'er 40-50 mpw.
                            Hey, Larry, was the fit about the same? Stay in the same size? I stocked up on the 7s, so I have a couple more pair to go through, but I wasn't crazy about the 8s either.

Janie, today I quit my job. And then I told my boss to go f*** himself, and then I blackmailed him for almost sixty thousand dollars. Pass the asparagus.

Outside Lane

Got the Saucony Hurricane 10's today - tried on several of the shoes suggested here, but the Saucony ones felt the best for me. Now .... I will run like the wind... Smile

See how they run...