yet another shoe question... (Read 769 times)

over 9000!!!

I usually get 400+ miles out of my shoes. I mid foot strike mostly. This seems to help them last longer. you know, the whole Chirunning thing. Actually I still ocasionaly run in a pair of Asics DS-Trainer 11's that have at least over 500miles on them and are over 3 years old, with no problems at all. (my fav shoe ever! curse Asics for DC them)
      Thanks again everyone. I wound up getting Adidas Boston's this weekend. I coulnt wait anymore because last thursday i went out for 6 miles and after having to run/walk most of it, i realized i might be experiencing IT band problems. it hurt really bad for a few days afterwards. so i didnt take any chances. I went out for my test run on monday. the run was sucky overall b/c i am housesitting at the moment and the terrain around there was more hilly than i am used to. the knee pain was dramatically better, but still there slightly. it didnt stay with me afterwards though, so i think its gonna be ok. i only logged 2.8 but my feet felt ok. its funny how when you put the old shoes back on (i made them my work/anytime sneaks), you can FEEL how shot they are all of a sudden. everytime i put them on, my heel gets real tender. its almost like you just wake up one day and your shoes suddenly suck.