He's Real! (Read 263 times)

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Well put!  In his emotional post-race interview he seemed to appreciate this moment as much if not more than the other guy.

MTA: OK, I totally didn't get it. Thanks for being gentle.

I mean, yeah, but look who came out of hiding!

I pictured Quenton as being a kind of old school, no arm wamer kind of guy.  More of a cut off tube socks on the arms runner.  Times change.

He took silver at the 1976 Olympics, right? He must be in his mid-to-late 50's anyway. Dude looks spry for his age. I wonder if he colors his hair?

Runners run

He took silver at the 1976 Olympics, right? He must be in his mid-to-late 50's anyway. Dude looks spry for his age. I wonder if he colors his hair?

Someone correct me here...

I could have sworn that he got the silver in 1968 - with 12 years of getting the law degree and using it before training again for the 3rd at the 1980 US marathon trials. Is this wrong?

- ScritpCal

ScriptCal

Someone correct me here...

I could have sworn that he got the silver in 1968 - with 12 years of getting the law degree and using it before training again for the 3rd at the 1980 US marathon trials. Is this wrong?

- ScritpCal

Gosh, now I am confused, too.

I know he took third at the OT in Buffalo (having hallucinated that his friend had run past him to take third).

Law degree, check.

But now, I am wondering whether coloring my hair will get Meb to finally return my phone calls, or if I literally have to turn myself into a cross between schneidr and xhristopher!

Hmm I don't know. Frank Shorter is Frank Shorter in OAR and already has a Gold Medal (which IRL he won in 1972). And Bruce Denton was based on Jack Bacheler who had won gold in 1968.

But maybe there was a time warp since OAR is a work of fiction.

Runners run

Hmm I don't know. Frank Shorter is Frank Shorter in OAR and already has a Gold Medal (which IRL he won in 1972). And Bruce Denton was based on Jack Bacheler who had won gold in 1968.

But maybe there was a time warp since OAR is a work of fiction.

Nice try.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

He's wearing socks.  Clearly not Q.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

He's wearing socks.  Clearly not Q.

or Barefoot Josh.