Anyone use the runner's multivitamin? (Read 208 times)

I saw in an article the other week that Jared Ward uses the runner's multivitamin. I'm sure it was just a push by a sponsor, but I was wondering if anyone here has used it? Any feedback to provide?

http://www.therunnersmultivitamin.com/products/the-runners-multivitamin-120-capsules

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

BillRunsCali

I've used it for about a year and I really like them. I cramp less, have more energy but the best thing is probably that my recovery has been a lot better in between workouts. A side note is that I have dropped a few minutes in my marathon times since using it. I highly recommend it.

SMART Approach

It is a solid basic formula. The only negative I see is the calcium content - way too high for a multiple. I am also a bit skeptical on how they can fit 500 mg of active calcium and 400 mg of active magnesium in 2 pills.  Something does not add up there. Americans consume a solid amount of calcium in their diets. Deficiencies are not common. I believe in a 2:1 ratio of magnesium to calcium in a multiple. Positives - higher magnesium content, active form of B12, food based.......I do feel Vit D level could be bumped and would prefer Vit K2 over K1. Nice formula but a little bit pricey.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Seattle prattle

What multi-vitamin do you recommend, then? I am particularly interested in one for an athlete in his 50's. Currently, i take KIrkland Mature Multi VItamin and a Calcium supplement.

Thanks in advance.

SMART Approach

What multi-vitamin do you recommend, then? I am particularly interested in one for an athlete in his 50's. Currently, i take KIrkland Mature Multi VItamin and a Calcium supplement.

Thanks in advance.

Kirkland brand not that great. I don't want to get into details but it is formulated in a way to cut corners and cut costs. I take 2 different ones depending on time of year.  If you want a more basic cost effective multi then go with Paradise Herbs brand.

https://paradiseherbs.com/products/earths-blend-one-daily-superfood-multivitamin/       I really like it and you can add other nutrients you may feel you need more of like magnesium.

My favorite if you want a comprehensive multiple and are very active........nothing can beat Legion TRIUMPH. https://legionathletics.com/products/supplements/triumph/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1c_3l6f42AIVnbjACh2x6AraEAQYAyABEgIaDvD_BwE

I am a huge fan of Magnesium (included in Triumph) and for multiples that have Magnesium and Calcium, you need to take multiple capsules a day. You can't get around it. I generally prefer capsules over a tablet. This formula is extremely complete and thought out without cutting corners to reduce quality. A lot of extras added that I feel can be beneficial to athletes. However, you need 8 per day to get everything you need. I take 6 per day as I eat pretty good. The only thing I would add to a daily schedule would be fish oil and perhaps Curcumin. Again, I do not think you need calcium in a multi. Also, OTC one a day tablets you may buy at a dept store are just not very good.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Back to the old "benefit vs expensive pee" argument.

Multivitamins are great insurance against some dietary deficiency. I use the knock-off version of "Men's over 50" name brand formulas and it comes out to less than 2 cents per day. (200 for $5). I haven't investigated dosages and needs per charts for American men, so I don't know if I'm getting too much or too little according to recommended amounts. I DO know that I feel better; or more accurately don't notice feeling bad or tired, when I take one a day consistently (sometimes I forget for days). I've also started taking half an aspirin per day again, and that seems to make me not feel bad, too, and not as sore the next morning after runs.

It would be GREAT, or will be, when there is a simple non-invasive test that samples your individual microbiome or something and tells you what you're lacking or getting too much of. Now, it requires a blood sample and waiting for a week or two. If there was an instant test that is taken throughout the day, you could develop a chart of your own personal needs rather than a one-size-fits-all chart or pill. Self-prescribers go by how they "feel" rather than using actual data, so they could be way off regarding dosage and time intervals, because feelings are subjective.

The Runner's Multi looks interesting, but I'll have to look at the cost vs benefit before I go that route.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Seattle prattle

Thx for the recommendations, checking them out...

About the Magnesium, i buy raw organic pumkin seeds in bulk and have a handful every day to help with my magnesium, since they are loaded with it.

for the calcium, i take a 600 mg supplement separate from my multi. It has 100% RDA of D3 as well.

I take a fish oil tablet, too, on those days i don't eat fish.

Georg88

Hi, I don’t know about vitamins, but when I ordered diet pills on this site https://buyphentermineonlinetoday.com, I immediately felt the effect on myself, my appetite decreased, I began to feel good and started to lose weight, as if I regained youth in my body, this is an unforgettable sensation.