if mud and color aren't enough for you... (Read 433 times)

Feeling the growl again

The gimmick race craze has reached its most bizarre extreme yet...

http://www.foxnews.mobi/quickPage.html?page=22995&external=2262780.proteus.fma#quickPage_html_page_22995_content_95649794_pageNum_5

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Not dead. Yet.

I love it!  I will totally buy into it.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

TJoseph

I wonder if you can even buy insurance for an event like that.  There are always some people it doesn't end well for.

Feeling the growl again

I wonder if you can even buy insurance for an event like that.  There are always some people it doesn't end well for.

Like getting impaled in your spleen?

It sounds like the organizer is a lawyer.....as someone who used to spend a lot of time around large livestock, the whole idea sounds dumb.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Not dead. Yet.

Damn you.  Now I'm scared.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

Too scary for me.  I am going to stick with the Disco Runs, the Glow runs and the Glitter runs.   "Sparkle Me Wild", Baby!

https://runsignup.com/Race/VA/VirginiaBeach/SparkleMeWild5KVirginiaBeachVA

PS.  Not kidding on the run, but am kidding about me actually signing up for it. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Like getting impaled in your spleen?

It sounds like the organizer is a lawyer.....as someone who used to spend a lot of time around large livestock, the whole idea sounds dumb.

PS.  Just noticed this:  The person is being impaled by a bull!..  He may have a coloscopy bag for the rest of his life or something as a result... But i'll be d@mned, they have their priorities straight....  Notice they did NOT let go of their cellphone!  #1.  Will make a great youtube memory,  #2, Saved the 600 bucks it would have cost had they dropped the phone and had to replace it!  JokingBig grin

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Feeling the growl again

PS.  Just noticed this:  The person is being impaled by a bull!..  He may have a coloscopy bag for the rest of his life or something as a result...

I was not kidding.  This photo was from a recent article.  The guy lost his spleen.

I have seen a bull fold a structural metal gate in half from its impact...2 seconds after I hurdled it escaping its charge.  Been there, done that, soiled the T-shirt.  Putting people ignorant of dealing with such animals in that environment is just stupid.

I hope the organizer is smart enough to use dairy cattle and the runners are like "Hey, WTF, why are the bulls running away from us?"

Ahh, gosh, it's catching on.

The 11th Annual Running with the Bulls is being held tomorrow - up the road from me.

http://www.adn.com/2011/08/07/2004493/running-with-the-bulls-at-the.html

But musk ox - in their own pastures, runners in our pastures. The managers mow a path for us. The funny thing is this race is the closest I do to a race that might be appropriate to plug in any calculator. Hills are gentle. Nothing technical.  First year I did it, it was 10k. (last year I think they had trouble mowing in the rain so it was only about 5.5mi or so)  It's fun to watch the musk ox run, esp. when they charge those stands of tires (not sure what they're called).

Running with the Reindeer is a major event in Fur Rondy (winter festival in Anchorage). In that, the runners start first, then the reindeer - and they do intermix. (haven't done that one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsjQ50bixJ8

Yea, the reindeer are domestic on a farm that visitors can visit, so are probably used to being around people.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog

running metalhead

OMFG!

Crazy idea.

In Spain the bulls are the European standard mix of meat cattle (Spaniards have the strange idea that a species of "Wild Bulls" exist, which is a stupid delusion). These animals are by average smaller than the ones you have over there. If they use the same type of beast you see in Rodeos this will be a massacre.

Unless, what the bulls they meant to unleash was the Chicago Bulls XD

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
                      - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
                      - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
                      - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
                      - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
                      - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

xhristopher

What the hell is an "electric run?"

See any runners in this pic?

What the hell is an "electric run?"

it's an epileptic's worst nightmare by the looks of that pic.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Feeling the growl again

Unless, what the bulls they meant to unleash was the Chicago Bulls 

Running with THIS?

Now that is the craziest idea yet...

jamezilla

flashlight and sidewalk

Please Help!

I'm an overweight smoker and I just started couch to 5k last week.  I signed up for a Bull Run that is next weekend.  I read that a bull can run 17 mph.  Is that fast?  What kind of training should I do to prepare for this?  I read that running barefoot is the best way.  Do you think I should run this barefoot?

**Ask me about streaking**