Runners In Your Area (Read 699 times)

Anyone have pizza?

It would be great if there was some kind of report or chart or directory that showed were all the RunningAhead members are from (those that wish to make it public that is). Route sharing, new clubs, running partners, etc. are all possibilities from there. I'm loaded with ideas today....Sorry Eric!!! Blush
    eric :)

This is a neat idea and I thought about it on and off. I'm not sure how best to represent it. Should it be a map with a pin for each user? Should it be just a listing? It would be nice to have a more official way of meeting fellow runners in your area. Keep 'em ideas coming because that's how the site can improve! eric Smile

Anyone have pizza?

I love visuals, but since you have people all over the world, a list may be easier to do, and you could definitely cram more people too. A compromise may be to click next to their name, and within your site, a google map opens up showing the location? Smile
        eric :)

Each user's location is stored (as the default starting point for maps) so it's quite easy to create such a map. I don't know how best to present and coordinate the exchange of information right now. Most of the time, I don't know how anything works until I actually work on it. I'll see what I can come up with when I get there.