100F running (Read 1090 times)

Queen of 3rd Place

After 2 summers of wimping out, I've climbed aboard the HTFU bandwagon, and today when I left at 6:30 it was 100F...it was still 90F, 2 1/2 hrs later. It's not Badwater, but I sure as heck don't feel like a weenie anymore. Now I'm gonna have a beer! Big grin Arla

Ex runner

I've been getting up early, but I haven't gotten out to run. Sad I think 5am is probably best time to run in the summer where I am out. It still is dark out then.

Vim

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, Arla, I can't even imagine. No one could EVER call you a weenie! It's 70 degrees at 4:20 here and raining. I will never move (but I might become a snowbird one day!).
        kcam

Wow, Arla, I can't even imagine. No one could EVER call you a weenie! It's 70 degrees at 4:20 here and raining. I will never move (but I might become a snowbird one day!).
          It's 67 deg here (at 1:00pm) and it's NOT raining! I will never move, either!

Hoping to Run Again :-(

*bows and scrapes* "I am SOOO not wooooorthy!* I'm afraid I hit the TM when it's 90+ in the a.m. - just call me a veggie weenie! You da woman Arla Shocked
            ~ Fly ~
            Only as much as I dream can I be.
            veggies on the run
              I feel your pain, Arla. It's been over 100F for the past two weeks, except for two runs. And I wonder why my pace isn't what it was a month ago. Cool
              My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

It's 67 deg here (at 1:00pm) and it's NOT raining! I will never move, either!
                Nice. Gotta love bay area weather, at least for running.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I want to move to Flagstaff, AZ. I was reading about their weather...low humidity and temps that rarely dip below 10 or above 85 or so. Man, that sounds like running heaven....

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

IT IS 90 F AND I AM WAITING FOR THE SUN TO GO DOWN IN ABOUT A HOUR. THE HEAT PLAYS TREATS ON THE HEART MONITOR. AT LEST THATS WHAT I AM TELLING MYSELF. Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Queen of 3rd Place

I lived in Flagstaff in the 90s, that summer weather is lovely, I used to run the fire roads and trails, nothing but blue skies, birds and Ponderosa Pines. My dream used to be to live in Tucson in the winter and Flag in the summer. Instead, I'm in Fresno. The joke's on me! Tongue Arla

Ex runner

JDF

Non-Stroller-Still Crazy

The Raleigh NC area has had some stupid temps lately. We hit 100 yesterday and it rained that night. I ran a race 3 weeks ago that was 99 degrees at the 7:00 PM start time! Everyone says Florida is bad for the heat. Well NC, SC, and GA are not far behind! I put in a nice easy 20 miles this morning in the 90+ heat and high humidity.

jules2

arlahile, used to have a R65 chopped it for a K75C then chopped that for a TT bike, its not that hot in England but any excuse for a beer.

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

zzz

hey arla... my little sister and BIL live in fresno... Smile i'm in va blah!! wish i was in fresno now... what exactly does wtfu mean again? i remember the last two but what are the first two? good job toughing out the heat.