2019 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 386 times)

Joann Y

Nobody posts race reports over there.

You're right. I was lazily hoping that I wouldn't have to venture into a new forum. I went over to L&O and read your report. Interesting and fun to read! I think that you had one of the better races out there on the day. You were holding pretty steady (as we were tracking and watching people drop like flies on the tracker). Glad we could share some beers after. We're thinking about a trip to the northwest in the summer, maybe we'll catch you out there.

P.S. That jacket is pretty sweet. Wear the hell out of that thing.

RunnerJones

Will Run for Donuts!

Feel free to mosey on over to the B&B or L&O if you want to read my report.

I'd be interested in reading your report, but since I'm not one of the cool kids, I have no idea where those places are.

I'd be interested in reading your report, but since I'm not one of the cool kids, I have no idea where those places are.

Try this. 

Dave

Christirei

you all are so inspiring!! i love reading your race reports. I was able to run a BQ time in 2013 but then couldn't register for Boston because of finances Sad I am going to start training in a couple of weeks for the Twin Cities marathon and hope to qualify again, it seems wierd to me, but i think i have this right....

I run and BQ (fingers crossed!) at twin cities in october 2019

I register for Boston in Sept 2020

I run Boston in April 2021??

all of that to say that i love reading this thread every year. It's completely inspiring and i can't wait to actually participate!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I run and BQ (fingers crossed!) at twin cities in october 2019

I register for Boston in Sept 2020

I run Boston in April 2021.

Yes. Do it!!

Yes. Do it!!

In case it has not already been stated or assumed, I can't recommend highly enough for anyone who can qualify for Boston, to run it. Maybe I'll go back someday, maybe not, but just to do it once was truly an incredible experience. Everything about the whole trip, other than actually running the last 10 miles of the race.

Dave

Nobody posts race reports over there.

But that's only because nobody posts reports over there.

Runners run

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

But that's only because nobody posts reports over there.

It's a tough crowd over there.

delicate flower

If anyone's interested, I just finished my race report.  Hope everyone's recovering well!

Julia, I finally got to read this.  Loved the recap.  I'm impressed too that you can recall so many specific details.  I think it's funny how you paused your music because it was playing your Heartbreak Hill song too early.  Smile  Sounds like your race went the same as pretty much everyone else's.  Great job on a tough day!

<3