How can I share my log with my PT? The links don't work, passworded access doesn't work (Read 252 times)

RunnyRunRun

I've tried using the "publish" feature, and then sending her the link via email.  She clicks on it, and can't get in.

I've tried using a different feature to set passworded access to my log, and she *was* able to get onto the site, but it told her that the password was wrong (and she is using the password exactly as I set it).  The password is in fact at the end of the link, so I know she's using the right one, but it still won't allow her to access it. 

What do I need to do - short of just giving her my login credentials and having her log in pretending to be me - to share this graph with her?

JML

You need to make your log public by going to Options > My Log Preferences.  This will allow her (and anyone else) to see your log.

Rebuilding my aerobic base....racing next year.....nothing to see here....move along now.

RunnyRunRun

Thanks, but what if I don't want everyone else to view my log - just my PT? I want to keep my log private and just have this one person access it. 

Edited to add:

Ok, I went back to "preferences", and somehow the password that I had set was no longer there.  So I re-set it, clicked "update", re-sent the url to my PT... I hope it sticks this time.  This is exactly what I tried a day ago.

The semi-official way to share your log with someone is to create a New Group, and have both of you join.  There is an option in the Groups setup to allow group administrators to view your log, which works even if the log is private.  You'll also have a forum available for your use, so you can leave each other messages.

Granted, your RA password isn't exactly a state secret ... but just in case anyone wants to know how to do this without giving someone your login credentials, there you go.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Granted, your RA password isn't exactly a state secret ... but just in case anyone wants to know how to do this without giving someone your login credentials, there you go.

Password-protecting your log and then sending them the password is different from giving them your logon credentials -- it is a different password.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.