My race is missing?! (Read 888 times)

Just logged my HM - it shows up in my workouts and calendar, but not on the summary graph. First time that's happened. Any ideas?
    1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
      Ok it's there now. Never mind!
      1000 mile club. "Pain is just the weakness leaking out."
      mbk

Actually, I do have an old race missing from my PRs. I've done two five mile races (1/1/04 and 5/1/04) but there is no five mile race in my PR list. If I search for Races they appear. Any chance the 5 milers are being merged with the 8k's? Thanks!
        eric :)

Actually, I do have an old race missing from my PRs. I've done two five mile races (1/1/04 and 5/1/04) but there is no five mile race in my PR list. If I search for Races they appear. Any chance the 5 milers are being merged with the 8k's? Thanks!
          Hrm... this is a tricky problem. Originally, the PRs would list discrete distances, i.e. 8ks and 5 milers are separate distances. Then someone requested that similar distances should be lumped together, e.g. 26.2 and 26.22 miles should be the same. I did that a while back. Since 8k and 5 miles are very close, they got lumped together. I'll look into special casing these two distances so they'll be separate. Thanks for bringing this to my attention! eric Smile
          mbk

It's not a major issue for me, just a curiosity, so there's no rush from my perspective. Thanks!
              I would like to see some separation. For instance, I've run a 3000m and a 3000m steeple, but I'm not sure how to break it up. Also, what about PRs for different surfaces--road, track, trail, etc. Thanks.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Why is it sideways?

Sorry, didn't mean to post here.
                  Yay ... I love it when one of my requests turns into a problem months later! Evil grin eric, I honestly think the only race distances that require "special" treatment are the marathon and and half-marathon. This is because the marathon isn't exactly any number of miles or kilometers (to be precise, its 26 miles plus 385 yards). Most people simplify the distance to 26.2, but in reality 26.22 is more accurate. The half marathon, since it is, well, half a marathon, suffers from the same decimal problem. By contrast, a 5K is supposed to 5K ... not 5.1K or 4.9K. A 5 miler is supposed to 5 miles, and an 8K is supposed to be 8K, and these are slightly different than the other. So no need for special treatment for these races.

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

By contrast, a 5K is supposed to 5K ... not 5.1K or 4.9K. A 5 miler is supposed to 5 miles, and an 8K is supposed to be 8K, and these are slightly different than the other. So no need for special treatment for these races.
                    While this is all good on paper, it doesn't work too well in reality. A majority of users will enter 3.1 miles instead of 5k. I know what they meant but can't force them to enter it as a 5k. That's where the software would have to do some interpretations and get into this problem. To compound the mess, some people would enter 3.15 miles because that's what their GPS said. So now the software will need to convert a range of distances when displaying the PRs. In the case of a 5 miler versus an 8k, the difference is so small that they get lumped into one distance. I'll have to put some logic into the software to special case them. As for PRs in different terrains, it's not too hard to do, but it's a slippery slope. Before I know it, there'll be so many categories that they may overwhelm most users. I'll put it on my list of things to do, but it will probably be near the bottom.
                      Eric, what if you make the most popular race distances into pull-downs? And/or add a checkbox to confirm a PR? The latter would allow me to "uncheck" some of my non-PR's that are listed as PRs--a race distance that I may have raced once (over a very hilly course) isn't a PR in my mind but shows up in the list. Seems simple but I'm sure it's not. Obviously I know nothing about developing web applications.

Runners run

I like the idea of checkboxes that denote a PR. That way a person can have a PR for same or similar distances and make a note of surface and conditions in their notes. That way we don't have to go down the slippery slope of a bunch of different surfaces.

There was a point in my life when I ran. Now, I just run.

We are always running for the thrill of it

Always pushing up the hill, searching for the thrill of it

Wingz

Professional Noob

You might also want to have the option somehwere in the set-up process where the person can enter in their old PR's. If a new member has a PR from 2003 but doesn't have an electronic running log back that far, it would be nice to just be able to manually enter in PR's...

Roads were made for journeys...

You might also want to have the option somehwere in the set-up process where the person can enter in their old PR's. If a new member has a PR from 2003 but doesn't have an electronic running log back that far, it would be nice to just be able to manually enter in PR's...
                            That would be the same as entering a run, but marking it as a race. added: see my reply in this post for other points regarding PRs.