2019 3:20, And Beyond (Read 444 times)

Running Problem

Problem Child

I think I jacked up the I and R paces, but I WAS thinking of the finishing kick and how I’ll be able to think ‘you did this in training’ during the last 400s. Thanks man. I just didn’t (want to make) have time for the full 4E at the start, and missed one R because I wasn’t paying attention. So I made it a mile for #3. Randomly. Not because I rounded up or actually knew what distance I was at.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I think I jacked up the I and R paces, but I WAS thinking of the finishing kick and how I’ll be able to think ‘you did this in training’ during the last 400s. Thanks man. I just didn’t (want to make) have time for the full 4E at the start, and missed one R because I wasn’t paying attention. So I made it a mile for #3. Randomly. Not because I rounded up or actually knew what distance I was at.

I am confused.  What workout did you end up doing?  (I guess I need to go to Strava?)

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

berylrunner

Rick

Yeah. I have a hard enough time with regular training language.

12-22   Last One Standing  - dnf 37 miles

1-23  Sun Marathon - 3:53

3-4-23  Red Mountain 55k - 7:02

4-15-23  Zion 100 - 27:59

Running Problem

Problem Child

I am confused.  What workout did you end up doing?  (I guess I need to go to Strava?)

Pretty much what jmac suggested. Garmin might show it better.

1 mile

4x400

the 1 mile is a result of not hearing the watch beep at the end of the second 1K. I kept running about 2.5 minutes into recovery so I skipped the next 1k, did a recovery and moved on with the workout. The 400s at the end aren't AS BAD as you'd think. For me it is comparable to being half to 2/3 through a lot of 400m repeats and having that one bad one you will yourself through. It almost feels good and I might pull from this workout during the last 400 of CIM.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

Running Problem

Problem Child

Will sub 2 break this weekend?

VDOT 53.37 

mattw4jc

Will sub 2 break this weekend?

Middle of the night tonight for US time zones I guess. I stayed up to watch the Nike one, but it was over 12:30 or 1am if I recall correctly. Guess I'll just have to find out when I wake up.

Fourteen marathon pace miles for me as part of a long run tomorrow. Last long workout before Charlotte Marathon on Nov 16. I'll still probably run another 20ish. I haven't yet decided what marathon pace should be really. I think I'm going to shoot for 7:20 tomorrow and see how that feels / if I can do it. That may be too ambitious.

I'm not trying to go to the B major marathon, but I want to think I can run my qualifying time. That's 3:20 for my current age group and gender.

CommanderKeen

Cobra Commander Keen

Middle of the night tonight for US time zones I guess. I stayed up to watch the Nike one, but it was over 12:30 or 1am if I recall correctly. Guess I'll just have to find out when I wake up.

This is where I'm at, too. Surely there will be a replay on youtube.

14 miles at M? Beastly!

A pretty substantial change in weather came about yesterday through this morning. Things should even out an be pretty pleasant for the next week or so, though.

5k: 17:58 11/22 │ 10k: 37:55 9/21 │ HM: 1:23:22 4/22 │ M: 2:56:05 12/22

Upcoming Races:

OKC Memorial 5k - April 27

Bun Run 5k - May 4

Running Problem

Problem Child

Fourteen marathon pace miles for me as part of a long run tomorrow. Last long workout before Charlotte Marathon on Nov 16. I'll still probably run another 20ish. I haven't yet decided what marathon pace should be really. I think I'm going to shoot for 7:20 tomorrow and see how that feels / if I can do it. That may be too ambitious.

I'm not trying to go to the B major marathon, but I want to think I can run my qualifying time. That's 3:20 for my current age group and gender.

Sandbag it. Let the slow guys like me get into that race. Lower the "BQ Minus" time a little bit to maybe 3 seconds. BQ-0:03 is different than BQ-3 right? I think you get kicked out of the group if you don't run a 3:20. I had to quickly sign up for an April marathon after my 3:34ish at Chicago last year just to stay here. "oh you had a bad day? You have 6 months to meet the standard" is a thing, right?

keen 80F in Denver Tuesday. 4" of snow yesterday. yeah...winter is coming.

dwave Mike Wardian is apparently running MCM "ultra marathon" this weekend, or today, and I was wondering if you'd see him or tag along. He's quite the athlete.

VDOT 53.37 

pepperjack

pie man

NOP is no more.

so they’ll reform without Alberto.  He’ll nuke another grandmas apple pie and hang his head in shame.

Euchre bar tomorrow.

11:11 3,000 (recent)

From the Internet.

NOP is no more.

so they’ll reform without Alberto.  He’ll nuke another grandmas apple pie and hang his head in shame.

Euchre bar tomorrow.

oooh dang that's a great reference, lol.

Just saw an article a couple days ago about how Salazar leaving doesn't necessarily mean the end of NOP, I bet they feel a little silly now.

Running Problem

Problem Child

NOP is no more.

Euchre bar tomorrow.

I was wondering when that was going to happen, Euchre bar not NOP going dark(web) with a new name. I was going to come see you guys again, but I have family birthday parties I'm required to attend Saturday. Plus the event being pretty limited to entry number, I didn't think it would be wise to tag along for any period of time. Should be good weather for the event.

This showed up in a google search. Look for him on course. He might know the area.

https://teamrunrun.com/euchre-bar-massacre-25-miler-race-report-mark-cliggett/

Lessons for others – Share your pro-tips on the race to help the next runner

Don’t sign up for this unless you are prepared for a very tough day in the woods, with lots of genuine hazards ranging from the temporarily unpleasant (poison oak) to the not good (ticks and various tick-borne illnesses) to the really bad (hunters/hunting season and steep cliffs).

See the source image

VDOT 53.37 

mattw4jc

Sandbag it. Let the slow guys like me get into that race. Lower the "BQ Minus" time a little bit to maybe 3 seconds. BQ-0:03 is different than BQ-3 right? I think you get kicked out of the group if you don't run a 3:20. I had to quickly sign up for an April marathon after my 3:34ish at Chicago last year just to stay here. "oh you had a bad day? You have 6 months to meet the standard" is a thing, right?

I'm barely hanging on then with a 3:20:11 for my most recent.

You're not a slow guy at all. Those 3:00, 3:05, and 3:10 times are tough!

Running Problem

Problem Child

Sub 2 happened.

VDOT 53.37 

pepperjack

pie man

I’m alive

11:11 3,000 (recent)

kcam

Sub 2 happened.

I ran 16 this morning and, even though I had a phalanx of friends running in an inverted V in front of me, I still wasn't able to take down any WRs. Sad