Passed ski patrol skiing test! (Read 1774 times)

Kenotic Runner

Five long, deep, steep, bump runs, top to bottom, without a break.  "Show us what you've got."

I've tried out before, but this year I finally passed.

Next, lots of training.

A Saucy Wench

excellent!!  That is my dream job, but I am a crappy skier

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

+1 on dream job.  In fact my brothers in-laws are instructors at Vail all winter [that's what they are doing in retirement instead of Florida]

Congrats!

2012= under-goaled

xor

Five long, deep, steep, bump runs, top to bottom, without a break.  "Show us what you've got."

I've tried out before, but this year I finally passed.

Next, lots of training.

Did they make you go down the K-12?

Kenotic Runner

NA, so what if you're a crappy skier. I was too in my 20s and 30s.
            xor

NA, so what if you're a crappy skier. I was too in my 20s and 30s.

Hehehehehehehehehe.

Kenotic Runner

Finished the medical training.

Next, toboggan training and logistics training.

HermosaBoy

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

an amazing likeness

Next, toboggan training...

Cool !  See you in Feb at the National Toboggan Championships, it's a hoot!

Clown

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

SO jealous!  Downhill skiing is one of few things I'm a natural at (hey, I have big thighs and lots of Scandinavian blood)...but the cost to ski on a regular basis and gear was too exorbitant.  I once had dreams of taking a year off from college to work at a resort in CO, but they never materialized.  Now I haven't been on skis since before my almost 11 year old was conceived and found another stupid expensive sport to pour money into (but doesn't require lift tickets or flights to places with real mountains). *sigh*

Please fill us in on what the job is like...and photos! Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

+1 on dream job.  In fact my brothers in-laws are instructors at Vail all winter [that's what they are doing in retirement instead of Florida]

Congrats!

I should suggest this one to the hubby in a few years.  We could get into downhill mtn. biking in the Summers, that way...hmmm....

~ Sarah Kay

Matthew Sherman

Go that way, really fast....if something gets in your way.....turn.   Thanks Coach.

Congrats on passing.  Trying to convince my wife she should let me spend weekends up north all winter and work on the slopes.  Strangely enough she thinks the 2 and 4 year old need me to be home....so wierd Joking.  Hopefully ends up being my semi-retirement job.  Well Done. 

Just got my new backcountry set up a week ago and can't wait to start earning some turns this winter.

2012Goals: Run 1500 miles  *   < 3:30 marathon  *  Complete first 70.3  

<20 5K

Scotch, Scotch, Scotch.....Down in my belly.

Kenotic Runner

Go that way, really fast....if something gets in your way.....turn.

The way our family puts it, "seek white."

(Not the gray, brown, or green things because they hurt.)

zoom-zoom, bike patrol's starting to pick up as its own thing.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

zoom-zoom, bike patrol's starting to pick up as its own thing.

Oh, do not play with my emotions, so! Cry

~ Sarah Kay

Congrats!  My dad was senior ski patrol at sunapee mtn until age 78, two years ago!  Kept him young...