I'm back guys! (Read 1961 times)

Slow-smooth-fast

Hey guys. Bas year last yr, lost the runninng bug, but I am back. I have had about 6 months out of running. I have been weight lifting instead, but it has took me this long to realise that it is not for me and that I am happiest when I am running. Moreover I am happiest when I am reading these boards.

First run out for me tommorrow. Will be hard as my cardio is ****, long road back. Looking forward to getting my fitness back and the banter with you guys!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

I remember when you went missing -- you had some folks bummed out!

Welcome back!  I hope the fitness comes back with ease.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Slow-smooth-fast

I remember when you went missing -- you had some folks bummed out!

Welcome back!  I hope the fitness comes back with ease.

Sorry for my ignorance what does that mean?

Thanks for the kind words. I will be back, just have to be patient. I look forward to the days where I can just go out for a casual 15 miler without a second thought! Those were the days!

"I've been following Eddy's improvement over the last two years on this site, and it's been pretty dang solid. Sure the weekly mileage has been up and down, but over the long haul he's getting out the door and has turned himself into quite a runner. He's only now just figuring out his potential. Consistency in running is measured in years, not weeks. And over the last couple of years, Eddy's made great strides" Jeff 14 Jan 2009

Slow-smooth-fast

Sorry for double post. I believe my initial intentions of this thread was to seek a little advice too, with regards how to build up again. How many miles to start with etc?

Feeling the growl again

Welcome back.

in terms of advice, just do whatever you need to do in order to get out the door regularly.  Logging consistent miles is what you need now to get yourself back into the kind of shape where you can start really training for something and feeling good.

I took 1-2 years off (depending what you call off) with about 9 months totally off, and I spent a year really getting back to where I had been so I know how hard it can be.  But it will all be worth it when you get there.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

BeeRunB

Run everything hard, and do lots of intervals. Cool

Welcome back, Eddy!

I hope you find and exceed the same success you

were experiencing before your Arnold period.

--Jimmy

Now that was a bath...

Hey guys. Bas year last yr, lost the runninng bug, but I am back. I have had about 6 months out of running. I have been weight lifting instead, but it has took me this long to realise that it is not for me and that I am happiest when I am running. Moreover I am happiest when I am reading these boards.

First run out for me tommorrow. Will be hard as my cardio is ****, long road back. Looking forward to getting my fitness back and the banter with you guys!

OMG its Eddie.  Welcome back Dude.  I liked ya.  You were always a little weird but that's an asset from where I'm sitting!

Kooky xxx

• jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
              • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
                steferfootballdu

Hey, I'm back too.

I'm up to 3 miles on the year. 

I'm actually not nearly as outta shape as I would expect coming off a 9 month Hiatus. I have a plan for keeping my hip in check this time. 

I've been having some fun checking out the new features of the Site.

Slow-smooth-fast

Cheers guys.feel great to be back. Lots of easy miles ahead then. Will check in when I,feel,remotely fit again

Purdey

Self anointed title

How many miles to start with etc?

Slow-smooth-fast

2? Do you think alternate days then of 2-4 miles is ok then? Week 1 I was thinking of no more than 20miles.

Purdey

Self anointed title

2? Do you think alternate days then of 2-4 miles is ok then? Week 1 I was thinking of no more than 20miles.

Eddy - how many miles do YOU feel is right?

Slow-smooth-fast

I'll try 20 this week and see how I feel

Purdey

Self anointed title

I'll try 20 this week and see how I feel

Good idea. Therefore in answer to your question "how many miles to start with?", I will answer: "try 20 this week and see how you feel". Ca va?

Slow-smooth-fast

Ca va bien merci!