My 2013 Wyoming Elk Hunt (Read 165 times)

God created animals to serve and feed mankind .

Dammit, my cats don't do either.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

That's cause cats are the exception.  God made human's to serve cats.

steph  

GC100k

That's cause cats are the exception.  God made human's to serve cats.

old joke:

Dog to owner: you provide me food and shelter and you take care of my every need. You must be God.

Cat to owner: you provide me food and shelter and you take care of my every need. I must be God.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

So true.

steph  

Some cats were created to serve and feed mankind, if the practices of certain Chinese restaurants are taken into account.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The post to which I am responding has been modified, with no trace of the original. In the original, the poster implied that it is wrong to take a bold animal that is living happily and peacefully in the wild, and kill it just to mount its head on a wall. To which I respond:

Awesome kill. Awesome rack.

So yeah. I don't eat meat. I don't hunt. I don't own a gun.

However, the fact is that people do eat meat. If I were to think about the lives of animals that provide meat, I'd think it might be better to favor those animals that do indeed live happy and peaceful lives in the wild over those who live in industrial settings and feedlots. People are going to eat meat, so perhaps it is better to encourage meat sources that are more natural over meat sources that create unhappy animals and loads of waste and pollution. Do we attack people for eating the odd hamburger? I gotta say, in all my years on this forum, I have never really seen that. So why here? The OP is being the change I might want to see in the world, and he clearly said up front that he intends to use the meat as sustenance.

I don't eat meat, but if I did, this is the meat I would eat. As spaniel knows...

Imminent Catastrophe

But Trent would milk it before shooting it, and drink the milk raw.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Especially the bull...

npaden

Especially the bull...

Yeah, that's a different kind of milk that comes from a bull elk.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Imminent Catastrophe

Especially the bull...

The bull elk might object.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Feeling the growl again

I don't eat meat, but if I did, this is the meat I would eat. As spaniel knows...

And if you did, you would have seconds.  But you don't.  Smile

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills