Luna Moons (Read 744 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Anyone ever try these? Are they closer to gummie bears then the shot blocks. I am finding the shot blocks hard to chew these days while running. Are gummie bears a good idea to eat while running a long run or a marathon? http://www.clifbar.com/food/did_you_know/C275 • LUNA Sport Moons Energy Chews: The first women’s organic energy chew. A great alternative to gels, the moon-shaped, bite-size pieces make them easy to eat and moderate caloric intake (100 calories per pack) during a workout. LUNA Sport Moons also offer different functional benefits with each flavor. Made with 95+% Organic ingredients. Flavors: Watermelon with energizing B vitamins, Pomegranate with 50% daily value of vitamin C and Blueberry with antioxidant vitamins A, C and E
      2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
    RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

What nobody has used this! Come on people someone must have by now.
        2011 Goals:

Lazy idiot

• LUNA Sport Moons Energy Chews: The first women’s organic energy chew.
        Doesn't sound like I'm exactly the target demographic. Just sayin' MTA: I stick to Gu, if anything.

Tick tock

Half Fanatic #846

I've heard of 'em (mentioned somewhere in the newest issue of Runner's World, I think it was - maybe an ad) - but have never tried them or seen them in a store. "The first women's organic energy chew" was recommended for men and women. Bill

"I don't always roll a joint, but when I do, it's usually my ankle" - unk.         "Frankly autocorrect, I'm getting a bit tired of your shirt".                  I ran half my last race on my left foot!                                  

Doesn't sound like I'm exactly the target demographic. Just sayin' MTA: I stick to Gu, if anything.
            I'm sticking with unisex products. I did try some of their inch cube gelatin products and found them to be quite strong.

Vim

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

I just like the sound of them because they sound smaller and easier to chew then gel blocks but I think I will try gummie bears tonight.
                2011 Goals:
                i played around with a bunch of different prodcuts on long runs earlier this year and found that I liked Luna Moons the best of the gummy things. I think the ingredients are basically the same as shot blocks (which are way too much work for me to deal with on a run), but they do have a better texture and are much easier to eat on the run. I'll use them again as I start to marathon train this summer.
                "A man must love a thing very much if he not only practices it without any hope of fame and money, but even practices it without any hope of doing it well." - G. K. Chesterton
                GP160

shot blocks all the way. i just cut them in half before my run and put them in a ziplock bag
                  Ironman Louisville 8-30-09