"Oh, I could never do that!" (Read 1019 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't really talk about it unless asked...
    Who asked you? Wink
    Scout7

Who asked you? Wink
      Most people know better. I still get the occasional new person, though.

The Greatest of All Time

Great post Scout. I feel 100% the same way. If you want to run and want to ask questions, fine. If you don't want to run, that's fine too.
        all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
          When I started the C25k last year (for the second time after an injury) i told my mom she should try it with me (I was as unathletic as they come). She gave the usual excuses, "my knees", "i'm too old" (55 at the time), out of shape etc. It ended up she would go and walk with me while I was doing the run/walk program. She then started to follow me and run when I ran while hiding behind me. When I finally noticed I got her an ipod and put the C25k podcast on it and I am happy to say even though it took her 6 months to finish the program she now runs three or four times a week. Sometimes just 2 miles or less but she gets out there and really enjoys it. I am thrilled! I love telling people that I am meeting my mom for a run. Now I just have to get her to do a 5k with me....

Michelle

here is one of my favorite replies... "run! hell i dont run unless something is chasing me..har har har har"
            The right path is my path.

My Hero

I don't really talk about it unless asked. I am not a spokesperson. If someone wants to ask me questions about running, I will answer them as honestly as I can. If someone is uninterested in running, it is not my place to try to convince them of the merits of it.
              Actually ( if this response is in regard to my original post) the person I was talking to did have an interest in running, but because of her lack of knowledge and perhaps bad past experiences, associates running as being a painful, air sucking ordeal. And because of this negative imprint, will probably never take up running. Couldn't agree with you more.
              Teresadfp

One day at a time

mdarba, my running partner is 57, 12 years older than I am. We are very similar in endurance and speed - the last race, I finished 4 seconds faster; the one before that, she beat me by about 30 seconds. So 55 is young!
                  Teresa - that's what I keep telling her but it took forever to convince her to even try it in the first place. I keep telling her now that in a couple of years she'll be running marathons! (on her own I might add!)

Michelle

Today I had someone tell me that my Uterus is going to fall out because I run. Big grin Roll eyes Confused Modified to fix a typo....