The Truth Behind Carbo-Loading Before a Race (Read 201 times)

BeeRunB

Remember when dicky99 gave us all the 'truth' about mileage?

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/023473-2.shtml

10 years goes by so fast.

Wow. A wave of nostalgic melancholy just washed over me. Loved hanging on Coolrunning. 2007 was just about the time of the Active takeover.

SMART Approach

I wonder how many of us are still left and hanging around here???

Remember when dicky99 gave us all the 'truth' about mileage?

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum6/HTML/023473-2.shtml

10 years goes by so fast.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

With it being the start of Spring, the running scene across the country is building up again to take on the spring, summer and fall racing scenes. Especially with the Boston Marathon just a few weeks away, many people are starting to figure out their pre-race preparations to ensure the best race possible. With this in mind, I have noticed a lot of people talking about carbo-loading the day before their race hoping it will help them when they toe the line.

Attached is a blog post I wrote a few weeks ago about carbo-loading and how most people are doing it wrong. Is this something that you do? Have you found it beneficial? Please let me know!!

The truth behind carbo-loading before a race

thanks for the info! very helpful. next half marathon or above, i'll be sure to cut out the carbs the weeks leading up to race week!

https://www.instagram.com/tfilarski/

ExuberanceBlog

thanks for the info! very helpful. next half marathon or above, i'll be sure to cut out the carbs the weeks leading up to race week!

You're welcome!

DoppleBock

You mean right before the mass exodus ... The only reason I ended up here was following the vapor trail from CR.

Wow. A wave of nostalgic melancholy just washed over me. Loved hanging on Coolrunning. 2007 was just about the time of the Active takeover.

Long dead ... But my stench lingers !

#artbydmcbride

'Truth' is a deal breaker for me.

Speaking of sentimental nostalgia, remember when JimR posted a pic of his feet?   

Runners run

JimR

Running IS stupid.

Speaking of sentimental nostalgia, remember when JimR posted a pic of his feet?   

HermosaBoy

You mean right before the mass exodus ... The only reason I ended up here was following the vapor trail from CR.

Me too...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob