Wussed out and feeling guilty (Read 839 times)

hairbag27

Due to circumstances that popped up at work, I was unable to get in a scheduled 20 miler yesterday morning. It wasn't until 4:00 that I was free to run. It was windy and hot and I was struggling bad, but determined to get it done. At mile 8, I ran by a time and temp sign. It said 90 degrees and totally psyched me out. Before mile 9 I quit and am now feeling bad.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Don't let it get you down now - it's not too late to figure out what you're going to do about it! Sometimes life gets in the way - just hit your mental "reset" button and try again!

Roads were made for journeys...

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wingz is right! Hey, I'm impressed you could run that far in those conditions - ychh! I wouldn't have made it nearly that far.

jfa

Don't worry HB , I did the same thing this morning! A scheduled 16 turned into 10 because I thought summer was over. Runtime peaked at 86* with about 89% humidity ! Yuk !!! Don't sweat it (pun intended) we'll get it back. Cool

It happens to everyone. I was scheduled for a 10 miler this morning. Like nj joe, I went out into summer heat and bad humidity, which I didn't expect. I did the full 10, but to say it was a run is stretching it. From mile 6-10, it was a run/walk, and from mile 8.5-10, it was more walk than run. I just had nothing left in the tank. You've got no reason to feel bad. Tomorrow's a new day. Smile

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Yesterday I bailed on a four hour run because I worried about the aftermath with pain and my knee (I've been having troubles with it). I felt guilty about it and ran 10 miles later on my own (in the lovely 90 degree temps, oh what fun that was Roll eyes ). So I understand how you feel. I've told myself that my body got a little more rest than planned and I'll be more than ready for my next long run. Big grin

Michelle

Due to circumstances that popped up at work, I was unable to get in a scheduled 20 miler yesterday morning. It wasn't until 4:00 that I was free to run. It was windy and hot and I was struggling bad, but determined to get it done. At mile 8, I ran by a time and temp sign. It said 90 degrees and totally psyched me out. Before mile 9 I quit and am now feeling bad.
                Don't even give it a second thought...........I have done this plenty of times and on runs a lot shorter then this one........ if I were you Id look to go again Sunday after next, and it will be a breeze.......Bill Rodgers dropped out of the Boston marathon -- if a guy like that can drop out of a race like that, then its surely OK for you to make a decision that its just not going to work out, and try again later........ Don't sweat it.... Wink

Champions are made when no one is watching