I blame Chopper Read (Read 552 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did my "long" run for the week today. Last week I was sicker than a dog, so I didn't do much in the way of running, much less a long run. Even though I am probably only 75-80% I still slogged through my run (coughing, sputtering, blowing snot bubbles, raw nose that cracked and bled, lungs and body feeling like lead), determined to do it. We also had the blizzard of the year in the past 24 hours, so the roads are a mess. Yet I'm ticked at myself for not doing at least 10 miles (I was about 1/3 of a mile short). Damn you, Chopper Read. Sometimes a person shouldn't HTFU. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Damn you, Chopper Read. Sometimes a person shouldn't HTFU. Tongue
      I was with you until this BS at the end. HTFU!

Tick tock

Kirsten I wish I had your dedication! Oh, but not your snot bubbles...ick, you can keep those, or give them to Did. Tongue

Michelle

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

This is Kirsten. She's all bent out of shape because her little runny-nosed jog was only 9.7 miles instead of 10. HARDEN THE F**K UP, KIRSTEN!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

geekfarm@centurytel.net

I still slogged through my run (coughing, sputtering, blowing snot bubbles, raw nose that cracked and bled, lungs and body feeling like lead), determined to do it. You make running sound HOT
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Running is hot--I was all sweaty! Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

you know you are a die hard runner when.... you rock now go put on the pjs eat a good dinner and think about how you will kick but on your next run.
                  i've been out of action since monday myself with a similar sort of thing...still got a slightly runny nose but nothing compared to what it was and cough is almost gone so hoping to go for a short run tonight - best of all resting heart rate was back down to 48 this morning which makes me think I'm on the road to improvement. Hopefully all goes well and i can run both days of the weekend Guess i just need to HTFU.... Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Good luck, Hank! I had a full week where I couldn't even think about running. It's some nasty stuff goin' around. I hope you're able to crank some miles out soon! Smile

~ Sarah Kay