i won my age group! (Read 952 times)

tomatolover

ok, so it was a small, local race (400 ppl), and yes, not particularily fast (26 min)  but i just had to share this with a group who would care: i took first place in my age division  (36-40) at the Bergenfield 5k....my expression, "No shit??) when they handed me a medal and gift certificate...it's the first time i've ever won anything competitive.  thanks for letting me share.

Cool Jump Suit

ok, so it was a small, local race (400 ppl), and yes, not particularily fast (26 min)  but i just had to share this with a group who would care: i took first place in my age division  (36-40) at the Bergenfield 5k....my expression, "No shit??) when they handed me a medal and gift certificate...it's the first time i've ever won anything competitive.  thanks for letting me share.

Hey, that is more I ever won running.  Awesome and congrats!

So bittersweet,
      This tragedy
      Won't ask for absolution;
      This melody,
      Inside of me,
      Still searches for solution.
      A twist of faith,
      A change of heart
      Cures my infatuation.
      A broken heart, 
      Provides the spark
      For my determination.

That is really cool, Lex! Congrats!  How did you like the race overall? You gonna run the Nyack Hospital 10k with me?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!  Very exciting!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

400 isn't THAT small!  I think that's a great accomplishment!  Enjoy spending that $$.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

lextastic!

Big congrats!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

That's fantastic!  Congrats!

Nice one! Congratulations. And I agree, 400 ain't that small. Not that small stops a race being competitive either....

John

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.

tomatolover

thank you all!!!
                        Go get some sponsorship now that you've won a race!    Congratulations - it must feel fantastic!

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

ok, so it was a small, local race (400 ppl), and yes, not particularily fast (26 min)  but i just had to share

I run in a lot of ones smaller than that.

... when they handed me a medal and gift certificate...it's the first time i've ever won anything competitive.  thanks for letting me share.

Plus you were there to receive it; good for you. I took medals to two people who didn't stay around for awards this weekend; both were surprised and amused and entertained to find out they won something -- it didn't occur to either that they might get an age group award. (1st & 3rd places in women's thirties -- so one was a first place win, who didn't expect to win anything.) Of course that race was less than a sixth the size of yours, so I'd not call yours small.

So congratulations! and good job being there to receive it Smile

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Mitch & Pete's Mom

Pretty cool to see the number one next to your name huh?

Congrats!

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.
                            redleaf

Very cool! Congrats.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

mattking

Ive been running off and on for the better part of 20 years and have never done that.  Got a 2nd once.  Congrats, what a great feeling that must be!