What about this philosophy? (Read 1194 times)

I've been told I run like a dump truck.
    theyapper

On the road again...

My dump truck full of atoms got a pretty good laugh out of what this thread ended up being.
      i thought this was a running message board. Why those who don't even want to run post crap here?
      You're right. I didn't even stop to think about the fact that I was in the "General Running" section when I posted it, although you'd have to admit I nailed the "general" requirement. And a quick check of my log would be all the proof you'd need to see that I'm not somebody who doesn't want to run.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

And a quick check of my log would be all the proof you'd need to see that I'm not somebody who doesn't want to run.
        Yeah, you're right. I was actually referring to more toward people like Hefty??? Okay, I haven't really checked his log either; but he seems to always seek some information, saying running is bad for you simply to stir things up. If not for that, I don't what it is for...
        theyapper

On the road again...

No problem. I guess it was the way you quoted me that threw me off. Smile

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Yeah, you're right. I was actually referring to more toward people like Hefty??? Okay, I haven't really checked his log either; but he seems to always seek some information, saying running is bad for you simply to stir things up. If not for that, I don't what it is for...
            Nobby415, I run and exercise every day plus work at a job where I am lifting 40 - 80 lbs coninually for 8 - 10 hours. Big grin My apologies to all for any misunderstandings Big grin My Hefty research has lead me to the conclusion that the sugary high carb diets and high grain diets could be blamed in part for the many cardiovascular problems. Anyone else wanna pick on Hefty? Shocked
              http://www.joyfullivingservices.com/insulinanddisease.pdf
              If you drip insulin into the femoral artery of a dog, there was a Dr. Cruz who did this in the early 70s by accident, the artery will become almost totally occluded with plaque after about three months. The contra lateral side was totally clear, just contact of insulin in the artery caused it to fill up with plaque. That has been known since the 70s and has been repeated in chickens and in dogs; it is really a well-known fact that insulin floating around in the blood causes a plaque build-up. They didn't know why, but we know that insulin causes endothelial proliferation. This is the first step as it causes a tumor, an endothelial tumor. Insulin also causes the blood to clot too readily and causes the conversion of macrophages into foam cells, which are the cells that accumulate the fatty deposits. Every step of the way, insulin is causing cardiovascular disease. It fills the body with plaque, it constricts the arteries, it stimulates the sympathetic nervous system, it increases platelet adhesiveness and coaguability of the blood. Insulin is a part of any known cause of cardiovascular disease. It influences nitric oxide synthase; you produce less nitric oxide in the endothelium. We know that helps mediate vasodilatation and constriction, i.e. angina.

My Hero

I shall give a try for 10 miles per day this week Big grin I might even begin to put posts the running log but then I must deal with the performance anxiety. I simply refuse to be driven to drinking beer due to the extreme stress of keeping a public log... Blush
                In light of what the Hefty research concluded regarding the consumption of grains and sugary carbs... You know what this means Hefty? No more beer for you pal. Not even that lo-cal stuff. You know what that means Hefty? You are finally going to have to make your log public. Daily training runs are not performances. You need not worry about this until you start winning prize money.
                  Define right. Define Exercise. Define Anyway.
                  LOL! You guys are bad. Wink

A Saucy Wench

Can I take a nap somewhere in there? I really love napping. I would hate to skip the nap the day I die.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

an amazing likeness

Can I take a nap somewhere in there? I really love napping. I would hate to skip the nap the day I die.
                      Maybe I'm confused....but isn't the death part at the end sort of like a long nap? I mean I like a good nap as much as next person, but on the last day I'd rather use the time for something else...like beer...and bacon...and bbq.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

celiacChris

3Days4Cure

Maybe I'm confused....but isn't the death part at the end sort of like a long nap? I mean I like a good nap as much as next person, but on the last day I'd rather use the time for something else...like beer...and bacon...and bbq.
                        Isn't sleep simply rehearsal for death?

Chris
                        PRs: 27:26 5k/ 49:52 5mi/ 58:17 10k/ 2:09:24 half/ 5:13:17 Full

Post-Bipolar PRs: 38:35 5k/ 1:09:34 8k/ 1:09:39 5mi/ 1:33:03 10k/ 3:20:40 Half

2022 Goals

Back to 10k