Data import failure on manually entered Garmin activities (Read 40 times)

bluerun

Super B****

This never used to happen, but for the past week I get a message saying that instead of having the activity import. Why is that happening?

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

an amazing likeness

Most often, it's a result of some data element in the file being outside of the importer's spec -- ie, the importer is getting some data it doesn't expect.

For clarification, you are creating a manual entry in Garmin Connect (via the "+" on the Activities widget, or similar); the workout then appears in your RunningAhead in-box, but fails when you save it here?

mta:  I was able to re-create the problem. I see what you're seeing.

I've done my best to live the right way. I get up every morning and go to work each day.

bluerun

Super B****

Yep... I get that message immediately after I add the activity on Garmin Connect, and then I get another one about ten hours later.

chasing the impossible

eric :)

Thanks to milktruck, I was able to reproduce and fix the problem. Apparently, files created by Garmin Connect are missing the timestamp field that RA was expected. I've switched to use a different time if the timestamp doesn't exist. Please let me know if this is still a problem.

dpschumacher

I signed up for the paid acct and have been meaning to find how to import the Garmin activities.  I remember seeing the guide someplace but can't find it now on the website...

Help please?  :-) Thanks in advance.

2019 Goal: Run every day

2019 Goal: Get to 165 lbs

2019 Goal: Get in shape to be able to run 2 marathons in 2020

dpschumacher

Someone just pointed me to the tools.  Got it. Sorry nevermind.

2019 Goal: Run every day

2019 Goal: Get to 165 lbs

2019 Goal: Get in shape to be able to run 2 marathons in 2020

Peibol

Hi all, Eric:

I'm getting the same data failure error when importing a tcx file. In my case, my tcx file is exported from Suunto Movescount (as usual, it worked until two or three days ago).

You can download the file here.

Thanks

I received these error messages as well yesterday. So it's still happening with manually entered Garmin activity.

Anne

bluerun

Super B****

Nope... still getting the same message.

chasing the impossible